Michigan Dnr To Fill 1,200 Summer Jobs

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/03/12/michigan-dnr-to-fill-1200-summer-jobs/

DETROIT (WWJ) - If you like working outside, are over 18-years-old and want to work most of the summer, then you might want to consider a job with the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.

Right now they’re looking for young adults to fill over 1,000 positions at state parks and boating facilities. Applicants can expect to do everything from landscaping to maintenance work.

DNR spokeswoman Mary Dettloff said the summer job can easily lead to more permanent work.

“These are often a good foot in the door for a lot of folks who are interested in working in natural resources management or parks and recreation management. We often do end up hiring people who have worked for us before in these summer jobs to work in full-times jobs once they’ve graduated from college with their degree,” Dettloff said.

So, what exactly will the DNR be looking for in potential employees?

“We are looking for people that have a combination of both they love to work outside and also have a passion for customer service. Customer service is one of our strong emphasis this year under our new director Rodney Stokes. He wants make the DNR very customer friendly, so we’re looking for folks who have good customer relation skills,” Dettloff explained.

The jobs pay minimum wage and most of them require work on weekends and holidays.

You can learn more about the jobs at Michigan’s DNR website, or by calling (517) 373-9900.

LOL do i have to take a drug test?

I'm pretty sure you do, It is a job with the state and gets federal funding. That is why its so very important to the community to stress to employees that we can function even if we do choose to use cannabis for our medication.

And for you venture capitalists starting or changing you business to being cannabis friendly would do wonders to helping Michiganders get back on their feet fore those who do use medicinal cannabis.

Between the ages of eighteen and twenty-five there wasn't a day that I didn't go to work with-out cannabis.

only I didn't realize I was medicating to help with the stress at work I knew it just made me feel better and I was able to complete my assigned tasks with-out any problems. Always met production if needed and my quality was always top notch had to be we contracted for GM and BMW.

If you are able start your own cannabis friendly business and hire Michigan patients who are able to still can and want to work.

I know easier said than done but we need those kinds of people in Michigan to step up and make the change.

To Your Continued Good Health

Ed

Archived