At What Point Should I Start Looking For Patients?

newcaregiver

Hello all. I am new to Michigan MMJ, a patient, and looking to become a caregiver. Alas, I have just started vegging my clones in the past few days.

I appreciate that this is highly speculative, but I'll ask for your educated opinions anyway: do you suspect I will have a hard time getting patients while being 3.5 months from finished, deliverable product? I don't feel "ok" going way over my plant limits for most of my grow, only to throw around openings in the last few weeks, yet I also feel a responsibility to the patients.

Thoughts on this conundrum?

Thanks again!

I waited till I had finished product before looking for patients.

Appreciate the input. It's a no-win situation, it seems. I'm willing to offer significant freebies to those willing to wait it out with me, but I would certainly anticipate trouble convincing people to wait 3 months for medicine.

627df09a.jpg

Having a Product to offer is very important ...

Plus knowing that you can grow a continuous supply

of Meds w/out interuption ....

It takes time ... and lots of hard work ...

You 'll know when your ready ... :thumbsu:

Being someones Caregiver is Very Personal ...

Welcome to the Site " newcaregiver "

I know a few full carded caregivers who have never grown a plant in their life.

Their patients are happy with the medicine that they receive from their caregiver.

These caregivers obtain Michigan grown medicine from those with overages.

It is not a buy a mexbrick low and sell it like the dank either.

There are those who may misconstrue this form of patient/caregiver compassion as greed, and in some buy low sell high cases, it may be, but not in regards to the cg/pt's I am speaking of.

If you know a patient, and you can assist them with obtaining their medicine, whether you grow or not doesn't matter. The law says you are allowed to cultivate, not that you have to.

Sec 4 (b) A primary caregiver who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for assisting a qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process with the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the primary caregiver possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed:

(1) 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana for each qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process; and

(2) for each registered qualifying patient who has specified that the primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility; and

(3) any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots.

© A person shall not be denied custody or visitation of a minor for acting in accordance with this act, unless the person's behavior is such that it creates an unreasonable danger to the minor that can be clearly articulated and substantiated.

(d) There shall be a presumption that a qualifying patient or primary caregiver is engaged in the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act if the qualifying patient or primary caregiver:

(1) is in possession of a registry identification card; and

(2) is in possession of an amount of marihuana that does not exceed the amount allowed under this act. The presumption may be rebutted by evidence that conduct related to marihuana was not for the purpose of alleviating the qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition, in accordance with this act.

(e) A registered primary caregiver may receive compensation for costs associated with assisting a registered qualifying patient in the medical use of marihuana. Any such compensation shall not constitute the sale of controlled substances.

• 2 weeks later...

Just write your story and tell the truth as brutal and naked as it may look, there is someone for whom your situation resonates. If you pretend to be CVS, fully financed and all stocked and ready to go with 12 strains government lab tested and ideal, plus a corporate sheen you are a sham, and patients want to know they are dealing with someone who is real. You may find someone who helps you just because you don't pretend. I found a multi-drug felon who needed to show someone how much he knew about every aspect of mj and worked for free just for the high he got showing me 'this is how to do it.' If people didn't have needs, the same as you, they'd be perfect and wouldn't be sick and could live totally on their own, no one else necessary. People have a difficult time to respond to perfection; they connect with problems and shortcomings and more than anything else, the truth. If you are willing to help you will find those who need you as you are, where you are.

Archived