Holy Cow! What Were We Talking About...

David1946

I seen a MOPAR Angel...took a ride with the neighbor to go look at a light set-up in Detroit. When the guy took us out to his garage sitting there was a 1964 Dodge 330 Super Stock with an original "Hodges Dodges" Ramchargers 426 Hemi engine. (He didn't start it)

After I caught my breath and wiped a tear away I asked the guy about the car. It belonged to friends Dad who raced back in the 50s - 70s and he bought it in 1984 for $19500.00! Complete with extra heads, several rear ends, two different complete dual quad set ups, and a Stu Halibrand built short stack fuel injection system all original vintage 1964.-1966

Its 90% restored and its been a family project with him, his wife, two daughters and a son. But they put the project on hold two tears ago while he and the rest of the family help take care of the one daughter who is recovering from injuries from an auto accident.

He says she can't wait to get back to work on the car because she gets to take it for its maiden drive, lucky girl.

They're restoring it back to its race day livery when his friends Dad ran the car from 1964-1969 when he switched to a Charger. After nearly five hours and a pizza later it was time to go (I forgot why we came out for a while to be honest) Tony had the lights set-up when we got there and showed that they worked and even through in a timer.

Neighbor purchased the light, we met a great family, and I got to sit in a car of my dreams. I told the car owner Tony that if he lets me drive this car he can drive my 1999 pick up, he passed.

<<<< Gama's other half!!...Had to stop in and read!!...Old Mopar Freak!!..The motor city has great finds!!..Lucky you to see that old gal!!....A fine pc.....I grew up Driving and Racing Mopar's!!...And still drive them and show them!!...I love to find a great read such as you Posted!!......Peace!! :goodjob:

Archived