Playing The Piano

Hey guys/gals,

OK OK, I know this is a MM forum, but its also about compassion as well as getting to understand and develop relationships with the community, with that said I ask the community this question?

I'm attempting to learn how to play the piano, Does anyone know how to play?

I would truly love to learn how to play this beautiful instrument, I own a Casio LX90 keyboard. I know this isn't a piano, but that's all I have to start learning on. The keys are similar from what I've been shown/heard/watched, figure since its all I have, it will have to do.

My question would be, if you know how to play the piano would you be willing to tutor me? just till I get the basics down.. like reading music(I understand the strokes somewhat)

I know the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. I understand the hand placement (to a extent) 'c1' is the thumb, and so on.. the you tube lessons, are a bit hard to relate to.

Just curious if anyone would be willing to spend a few days/hours teaching me?

I don't have much money, but I was hoping that possibly someone that loves the instrument, and or possibly taught it, but no longer could do it for a profession due to your circumstances, would simply enjoy showing me how-to play.. (I can come up with some form of payment, if deemed necessary.)

I will let you know that I'm a very determined person, when I say I'm going to do something I do it to the best of my ability, no slacking here 100% committed, and I will impress you by how fast I learn... you show me something once and I will accomplish it also I retain info quite well.

If you have any questions on how much I know thus far, I can try and record some songs I have been practicing, and let you hear for yourself?

This new hobby has been taking my mind off the upcoming court date (Tuesday, 3/29), it truly is a soothing sound to hear the music produced by a piano.

Thanks in advance, There must be a pianist in the 20,000+ members on the site.

Trix :bong2:

aww thanks, I was just curious yanno. It's something I can do with my health issues.

I just bought a $30 dollar beginners book came w/ some dvd's and stuff. I have been busy w/ court and appointments so haven't had a chance to really get going yet.

Thanks for the offer on the guitar, I have a guitar around here its electric.. I should post some pics my mother almost sold it for $50 or $75 bucks, maybe its a real nice expensive one I don't know maybe you or some others would?

check out http://michiganmedic...ud-of-the-week/

it wont help with lessons, but you can maybe post buds with yurs, just a coolish thing to do i suppose :)

aww thanks, I was just curious yanno. It's something I can do with my health issues.

I just bought a $30 dollar beginners book came w/ some dvd's and stuff. I have been busy w/ court and appointments so haven't had a chance to really get going yet.

Thanks for the offer on the guitar, I have a guitar around here its electric.. I should post some pics my mother almost sold it for $50 or $75 bucks, maybe its a real nice expensive one I don't know maybe you or some others would?

Archived