Japan Images Before And After

BassManD

I feel so bad for those poor people. They have endured much, and it seems that much more will be required if things keep going poorly there.

We have a Japanese man living with us and his twin brother lives n Tokyo. It is impressive to me their high level of determination and resolve to keep fighting and fixing and clearing and cleaning and rebuilding (hopefully). I don't believe they will ever give up.

There are amazing human beings everywhere, and sometimes people are forced to do amazing things that they never thought they could do. I have done some things for good (I believe) that I did not think I would or could do awhile back. I think our community has changed me for the better and opened up possibilities for helping the suffering that I had never dreamed of!

I know my troubles pale in comparison to what many folks in Japan (and many other places in the world and in Michigan!) are going through. May I learn a lesson about resolve, fortitude, strength, courage, compassion, and never ever giving up in the face of overwhelming odds. It may serve us all well to try to remember what may be required of us in our struggle, and of what has already been required of far too many here. We must be like those folks who won't give up. We can't give up.

Archived