Where To Dispose Of Hid Bulbs

Calimari

I'm feeling kinda dumb on this one. For the last few years I've been vegging under T5s and have only been replacing my HPS bulbs in flower every 9 months, so I had never worried about disposal. Now I've got a little collection of both MH and HPS bulbs waiting to be disposed of in an environmentally correct way, but my grow shop says there is nobody who will take them in the Detroit area. He says to chuck them in the trash, but I know there's mercury in there, and as a resident of Detroit whose garbage gets burned and sent into the local air I'm not thrilled with that idea. Any suggestions?

Ask the grow shop where you bought them to use their dumpster.

I always ask the shop owners if they are going to be doing take back of MMJ waste, much like Best Buy takes back old computers.

Haven't got a solid response on that, but if people start asking, they'll start listening.

If you come back to their store with some garbage, you know you're going to buy something while you're there.

Its like going to the beer store with your empties...

Ask the grow shop where you bought them to use their dumpster.

I always ask the shop owners if they are going to be doing take back of MMJ waste, much like Best Buy takes back old computers.

Haven't got a solid response on that, but if people start asking, they'll start listening.

If you come back to their store with some garbage, you know you're going to buy something while you're there.

Its like going to the beer store with your empties...

That sounds like a great idea, it's not like they can't afford the service! ;)

Archived