Need $5 Million ? Smuggle Pot If Your Juan Valdez !

jimbojinx

This story was initiated by nthlights earlier today...many thanks for the find,sir, I would not have seen it but for your diligence !!!

I feel the story is very important as it shines a very big light on the HYPOCRISY of the US Govt - for which reasonI am reposting it.

Essentially what the story [which was indeed broken by Fox and therefore likely IGNORED by a lot of the MSM] means is this :

"A Cartel Mule from Mexico, Juan Valdez, can TRY to smuggle almost $5 Million in POT.

If Juan succeeds, he will be paid very well [at least someone will].

If Juan is caught and the total value of his booty is under about $5 Million [assuming he is bringing in LESS than 750 Kilo which he can sell for about $200. PER oz. whlse],Juan gets a free one-way ticket back to good old Mexico with NO INTERVENING PRISON TIME in between.

If Jim, a US citizen from LA, returning from vacation to good old Mexico, crosses from Durango into El Paso and is caught with 75 gms of MJ, he will likely be on an extended "vacation" at a Fed Prison where Bubba can have at him !!!

Nothing like your tax dollars at work !!!!!".

See this earlier posting for more detail from nthlights: Legal Marijuana Smuggling !!!

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/31059-legal-marijuana-smuggling/page__pid__293310#entry293310

Pretty amazing, isn't it? But sadly, not surprizing. Makes you wonder if they'll ever get their act together. The simple solution (which will perpetually evade them) would be to legalize mj. That would stop the smuggling and cut the cartels' income in half, which would be a very good thing. I would say that blind ideology, based neither on facts nor evidence, is a huge part of our governments problem.

Hi Letterhead !

This speaks to the hypocrisy and the perfidiousness of the current administration----they throw their own citizens under the bus for a few grams of MJ, but if Juan Valdez from Mexico tries to smuggle in no more than 1500 lbs he gets a Get Out OF Jail Card and a one-way paid ticket back to Acapulco !!!

Dr. Jinx

Hi Sola !!!!!

How goes it ?

Que tal ?

You are absolutely right....Juan Valdez is the cool Columbian dude pushing their coffee. I hesitated to use the name but I did not want to get into a p*ssing contest with anyone by using a term like "wetback" !

Hence Juan Valdez as a Latino smuggler we can all recognize.

dr. Jinx

Hi Sola !!!!!

How goes it ?

Que tal ?

You are absolutely right....Juan Valdez is the cool Columbian dude pushing their coffee. I hesitated to use the name but I did not want to get into a p*ssing contest with anyone by using a term like "wetback" !

Hence Juan Valdez as a Latino smuggler we can all recognize.

dr. Jinx

Didn't realize this was refried, Jinx. Thanx !

Archived