Look At What Is Happening With Medical Marijuana In Illinois.

Look at what is happening with medical marijuana in Illinois.

(AP) -- Opponents of medical marijuana have succeeded in blocking a three-year pilot program that would have let Illinois residents use the drug to relieve suffering for specific diseases.

The measure, House Bill 30, known as the Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Act, failed in a 53-61 vote, with four members voting "present."

In a last-ditch effort Rep. Lou Lang, D-Skokie, pulled his bill from consideration, in the hopes that it could be brought up for a second vote. There are no guarantees, however, that it will come back up.

At the website for the U.S. Marijuana Party of Illinois, Gretchen Steele posted a letter she wrote to legislators. In it she said, "To treat my symptoms [of multiple sclerosis], my physicians have prescribed me a myriad of medications, including powerful narcotics that can leave me debilitated, physically addicted, and with a damaged liver and kidneys - which will then require even more medications. I have found marijuana to be a much more effective, safe, and economical treatment for my symptoms."

Those against the use of marijuana say legalization of medical marijuana in Illinois would contradict the position taken against legalization by the Drug Enforcement Administration of the U.S. Department of Justice and the Illinois State Medical Association.

What do you think should be done? Should sick people have access to marijuana as a drug of treatment?

Steven Sills says on Facebook, "Yes and No, I believe Medical Marijuana could potentially be a good thing for those who need it. But at the same time would give all the Stoners out there a chance to abuse it and just get a doctors note to have legal weed."

Michael A. Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

Law Office of Michael A. Komorn

3000 Town Center, Suite, 1800

Southfield, MI 48075

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

Email: michael@komornlaw.com

Check out our Radio show:

http://www.blogtalkr...lanetgreentrees

NEW CALL IN NUMBER: (347) 326-9626

Live Every Wednesday 8-10:00p.m.

PLANET GREENTREES

w/ Attorney Michael Komorn

The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community. PERIOD.

If you have a medical marihuana question or comment, please email them to me, or leave them on the forum for the MMMA, and I will try to answer them live on the air.

http://www.blogtalkr...lanetgreentrees

PLANET GREENTREES Call-in Nu

Archived