Setup as of now:

Light: 1k HPS

Medium: GH 8 site Waterfarm (currently running 3 sites), Rapid rooters

Nutrients: GH Flora Series, Poor mans Clearex, and molasses

PH: N/A

PPM: N/A

Temp: N/A

Humidity: N/A

Please do not ask what my ph/ppm etc are. On this grow I intentionaly did not use any intrumentation. I needed to see if I could grow just based on "letting the plants talk to me." I had many a sleepless night, wondering if I would wake up to dead plants, and on 3 occasions, i did :(. I started this grow with FOUR Pichunks, a C99 and a Bubblegummer.

Please do not misunderstand, I will be using my meters on all grows from now on, I just needed to know that I could grow w/o relying too heavily on the "science" (for lack of a better term) of growing.

This is my first pic of many to come, but as in my re-introduction, my dog ate my camera, and all i got is my dumb cell cam, which i will try to get some good pics up in the next few days as i approach my first chop on the 15th or so.

I plan on doing a "progressive" Harvest

the Pichunk is said to be a 55 day'er but they do not seem like they will be totally ready, so I am going to take some of the Biggest cola's off the top of the canopy, and let the rest go @ 5 day intervals

the C99 will start being chopped on the 20th, in the same manner, as UFO stated they flower in 60 to 65 days.

I read somewhere that once the plants look ready, to wait a week, so I am putting my own spin on it, so to speak.

This progressive harvest will also allow me to dial in the strains to determine my preferences on the overall finished product.

Enjoy.

Dan

You will see by the pic that the 3 plants decided to strecth on me. While i expected the C99 to stretch, the Barny Farm Pineapple chunk, which is supposed to be an Indica Dom strain stretched like a mofo too. Part of the stretch was due to my DOH!! moment.... I had the fan too far from plants and therefore had light @ proportionate height. I woke up one morning and my brain FINALLY decided to start working again. :/

gallery_23059_813_124706.jpg

Hi there, a few more pics. I got in as many as i could before the light from the HPS became too intense for the phone cam, and here are the ones that came out best.

my two Pineapple Chunk's , Michele, and Kara are two different pheno's

Kara has a really sativa like stretch, great aroma very pineappally , really big flowers, but not much frostyness

Michele didn't stretch nearly as much, and the frostyness is great, but smaller flowers, and the aroma is VERY faint, but earthier and a lil spicier. I will get pics of the two "side by side" next time.

I am wanting to get more light to all the flower site, but because of the stretch the plants are wanting to be bunched up, so any helpful suggestions to spread it out some are always welcome.

Enjoy

MrW

"Kara"

gallery_23059_813_28406.jpg

C99"Cindy" ("Michele" is in foreground)

gallery_23059_813_130877.jpg

Canopy shot, (you can see "Michele" in foreground to get a comparison of the stretch ratio)

gallery_23059_813_168112.jpg

I have PC in my garden and it doesn't look like either of those girls. mine is VERY indica dominate. really thin leaves on a spindly plant. fair sized colas for the frame. and a pineapple smell that won't quit! I'll get some pic's posted later. too nice outside, going to work in the yard

I have PC in my garden and it doesn't look like either of those girls. mine is VERY indica dominate. really thin leaves on a spindly plant. fair sized colas for the frame. and a pineapple smell that won't quit! I'll get some pic's posted later. too nice outside, going to work in the yard

Yeah :/ But 60% of the stretch was probably my doing, in fact I am just about certain of it, :( but alas, that is how we learn. the Kara plant has a VERY Pineappalish aroma too it, the Michele Plant is displaying more of the Cheese, or Skunk parentage, i think.

After reading BubbleGrower's Chemo Iranian thread, I am definitely going to follow his advice and just let first time strains do what they do best, on their own.

OH!! BtW ..... I forget which forum i got the poor man's Clearex recipe from, But i DO NOT recommend it for hydro systems. totally gummed up the "pipes" and i did a flush for the last 3 days.

The recipe is:

2 smarties

1 sugar cube

1 gallon water

Boil smarties and sugar cube in water till smarties and sugar are dissolved.

The food coloring, and unwanted ingredients are SUPPOSEDLY caked to side of pot.

Let stand until mix is @ room temp.

As I am typing this, I seem to recall he was growing in dirt. :blink: oh well, I live and learn, and I hope my girls will forgive me.

Will post some more pics a little bit later, of their early days.

MrW

Archived