Starting A Delivery Service (Legality?)

Classified

I've been doing P2P transfers for awhile now, and I've come up with a name for my service and its ready to go on my end. However, before I start putting a name with my service I'm curious about the legalities.

What are the laws pertaining to this?

I know they have been popping up around the state. Are these services technically dispensaries or can I run it as a p2p service? I'm not a store, or a dispensary and I really don't want to be labeled as such but will form a non-profit collective if i have to.

Is there a good attorney I can talk to? Anyone know anything about this?

Each city and/or county is making up it's own rules, so I would say it depends on the city/county you are delivering in.

Gladwin City wants no dispensaries. Gladwin City police say all Patients gave up their rights to drive, as THC stays in your body for 30 days. And no on P2P transfers, only to your own patients. Gladwin County has at least two dispensaries.... so far.

Judge in Mt. Pleasant has approved the dispensaries, as long as it is P2P, or patient to caregiver, as long as the caregiver's patient is also a member of the dispensary.

So, as you drive from place to place, different rules might apply.

Some say there are no grey areas..... I would disagree. Otherwise, why the different rules ??

Also, you should only carry 2.5 ounces per card in your wallet.

The word "dispensary" does not appear in the law that was adopted in Prop 1.

Unless the counties you will be operating in have judges and police officers that are dispensary friendly, I wouldn't call it a dispensary that delivers.

On the P2P aspect, you need to know if the counties you deliver to respect all P2P transfers, or only those between you and Your patient.

If you do this in a location that is not happy with your actions, you will need a lawyer. Cheaper to consult one first.

CLICK A LINK

Not sure what county you are in.

Be safe.

Archived