Therapeutic Level?

JimD

Have there been any studies done regarding MJ and it's active ingrediants regarding therapeutic levels and how long it takes to reach that level?

I personally feel I reack it quickly when I am dealing with the acute symptoms of anxiety or pain...but it seems to take days or weeks of steady doses to get to a comfortable level that helps with chronic symptoms of either of my conditions.

Is there a doctor that would care to chime in?

The National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) supplies ALL the research marijunana in the U.S. which grows Mexican ditch weed Schwag.

So the answer is NO! There are no dosage or efficacy studies using medical marijuana because the government has put up barriers to such research.

There have been a few studies about medical marijuana patients but not many and non using actual medical marijuana used by actual patients.

The answer to your question is that marijuana is generally a palliative- that is it makes you FEEL better without actually treating the CAUSE of the condition or disease. The anti-inflammatory properties and so called immune suppressing qualities (think corticosteroids for a rash or anti-histamines for a sniffle)suggest there could be therapeutic levels for actual treatment of actual conditions but no studies have been allowed by the fascist conspiracy that is our federal government.

So if you are using this strictly as a palliative- to feel better- then you simply self titrate the dosage. That is, you take enough puffs to feel better and then quit.

However, your question suggests marijuana is actually treating your condition, probably by reducing inflammation. You may want to try medibles in that case since the effect lasts much longer.

Since marijuana is very well tolerated feel free to experiment on yourself to find out what works best for YOU. :sword:

The answer to your question is that marijuana is generally a palliative- that is it makes you FEEL better without actually treating the CAUSE of the condition or disease. The anti-inflammatory properties and so called immune suppressing qualities (think corticosteroids for a rash or anti-histamines for a sniffle)suggest there could be therapeutic levels for actual treatment of actual conditions but no studies have been allowed by the fascist conspiracy that is our federal government.

So if you are using this strictly as a palliative- to feel better- then you simply self titrate the dosage. That is, you take enough puffs to feel better and then quit.

However, your question suggests marijuana is actually treating your condition, probably by reducing inflammation. You may want to try medibles in that case since the effect lasts much longer.

Someday the curative powers of this plant will be widely recognized.

Hints about dosage levels, for attacking cancer, do indeed exist. In a study looking at colorectal cancer found that dosage levels in the nanomolar dose level could actually increase the rate of growth of cancers. Yet when exposed to micromolar levels of dosage the cancers would be attacked.

It's very possible that I have the math wrong .. but micromolar dosage would represent about 1200 mg of cannabinoids per day for a person weighing 100kg.

Simpson, in his applications, would elevate the dose for the patient until arriving at a dosage level of about 900mg of cannabinoids per day.

There are two different directions that this information seems to arrive from. One is laboratory the other is from the field.

Someday the curative powers of this plant will be widely recognized.

Hints about dosage levels, for attacking cancer, do indeed exist. In a study looking at colorectal cancer found that dosage levels in the nanomolar dose level could actually increase the rate of growth of cancers. Yet when exposed to micromolar levels of dosage the cancers would be attacked.

It's very possible that I have the math wrong .. but micromolar dosage would represent about 1200 mg of cannabinoids per day for a person weighing 100kg.

Simpson, in his applications, would elevate the dose for the patient until arriving at a dosage level of about 900mg of cannabinoids per day.

There are two different directions that this information seems to arrive from. One is laboratory the other is from the field.

Hey! PB I should call you. You remember me don't ya?

Now there ya go PB, thinking again. Most if not all of these studies that talk about nanomolar and micromolar ranges are in vitro! That means they are IN TEST TUBES NOT IN HUMANS.

You see they grow these cancer cell lines and distribute the cells to labs all around the world and the labs try different chemicals and different treatments on them to see what kills them. So the studies show that cancer cells grown in a petri dish are killed by different concentrations of THC. This tells us very little about what levels are therapeutic in the human body! For that we need human medical studies, not microbiology and cell assays but NIDA, DEA, and FDA have conspired together to prevent them.

It really is a neat and tidy story this anti-marijuana thing. :thumbsd:

Now there ya go PB, thinking again. Most if not all of these studies that talk about nanomolar and micromolar ranges are in vitro! That means they are IN TEST TUBES NOT IN HUMANS.

You see they grow these cancer cell lines and distribute the cells to labs all around the world and the labs try different chemicals and different treatments on them to see what kills them. So the studies show that cancer cells grown in a petri dish are killed by different concentrations of THC. This tells us very little about what levels are therapeutic in the human body! For that we need human medical studies, not microbiology and cell assays but NIDA, DEA, and FDA have conspired together to prevent them.

It really is a neat and tidy story this anti-marijuana thing. :thumbsd:

Very good!

Yet what information exists seems to converge. It is the only information on the topic.

It would be a very good thing if universities and doctors were able to answer the question with solid data.

Until then, we have hints. I believe these to be strong hints.

Something I've noticed. Once someone starts up the Simpson procedure, there is a sharp drop in PSA scores. They drop to nearly zero.

That should be something easy to document .. when the time arrives, of course.

Have all nations done zero research into marijuana as medicine because of the anslinger treaties then? That boggles the mind!

Indeed. :growl:

Consider those animal cancer studies if you want to really boggle. The anticancer properties of marijuana in cancer cells in the test tube are fairly well known and the animal studies look promising but there are only 3 studies in humans- 2 with the synthetic THC Dronabinol and one case study. NOT A SINGLE HUMAN RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED MEDICAL STUDY IN CANNABIS TO TREAT CANCER. You would think with all the tons of toxic chemicals they dump into people with chemotherapy that somebody would have thought of infusing the darn tumor with cannabis extract at some point:sword:

Yah they thought of it- and yah the government won't let you do the study. :growl:

As for research in other countries, I heard at the G3C from a helpful fellow that Israel has done a bunch of research on strains for various diseases. However, apparently none of the research has been translated into English. I could not find it on Google scholar, Sociology and Psychology Abstracts, Pubmed, or Psychinfo. :growl: :growl:

Archived