Wexford County Seeks Input

Wexford County seeks input on medical marijuana act

Article Tools: Print Email Comment

Wexford County seeks input on medical marijuana act

By Jeff Broddle

CADILLAC – The Wexford County Planning Commission is taking public input on how, or if, medical marijuana should be further regulated within the county.

In March, a unanimous vote by the Wexford County Board of Commissioners placed a moratorium on new medical marijuana establishments within the county.

The Planning Commission will examine the medical marijuana act, examine regulations in other communities, and provide updates on current legal challenges as well as take public input on how, or if, medical marijuana should be further regulated by ordinance in Wexford County.

The meeting is 7 p.m., June 1 in the meeting room of Wexford County's Lake Street Building at 401 N. Lake Street in Cadillac.

The city of Cadillac, Haring Township, and Missaukee County also have enacted moratoriums. Some Michigan cities have triggered lawsuits from the American Civil Liberties Union by issuing an outright ban on the use of medical marijuana under the Medical Marijuana Act, which was approved by voters in 2008

I've been working with the City of Cadillac, I'll see if the Crew and I can make this.

Dr. Bob

Hi Dr. Bob !

That is great to hear...they need some expert guidance and you are THE MAN !

Incidentally, you show up on my Skype Indicator almost every day. I conclude that your Skyping efforts to produce highly credible Certifications are really taking off !

Dr. Jinx

Hi Dr. Bob !

That is great to hear...they need some expert guidance and you are THE MAN !

Incidentally, you show up on my Skype Indicator almost every day. I conclude that your Skyping efforts to produce highly credible Certifications are really taking off !

Dr. Jinx

Yep it is turning out to be pretty popular, especially with shut ins.

Dr. Bob

Archived