Is It Possible For Nodes To Be Too Close Together?

stuckinabeat

Hey everyone,

I have a plant that has been vegging a long time under t5 24/7 and also lst'd. The nodes are about an inch or less apart and the budsites shooting from the nodes are between 3 and 8 inches, so you can imagine its very bushy. I dont if i should thin her out or just flower her. I was debating on using a screen to separate the bud sites the best i can, but some areas are so bushy i cant see how it would work.

thanks

Like Mememe said, thin it, just look down on the plant the same way the light would shine down on it, now thin it out removing some of the shoots that arent in the light canopy or are getting blocked out by other nodes. You'd have to be a butcher to go wrong, just be careful and remove a few that are cramping your plants style.

That's usually a highly desirable trait.

If you want to trim, go from the bottom up. Strive for a goblet shape. Also the plant will stretch in flower so expect the shape of the plant to change as each node reaches for the light.

The plant is shaped like a circle or almost like a bowl. Lots of nodes are not getting light because the nodes above them on the same branch block them out. It seems that nodes on the underside of the branches are kind of scraggly compared to the nodes on the sides and tops of the branchs, thats why I am think it might be too much. Think I will try to thin it out just a bit, but i appreciate everyones info.

anyone know if the more stragly nodes are ok to clone. the leave sets arent very big, but the are 3-5" long

Thanks

stuck

The plant is shaped like a circle or almost like a bowl. Lots of nodes are not getting light because the nodes above them on the same branch block them out. It seems that nodes on the underside of the branches are kind of scraggly compared to the nodes on the sides and tops of the branchs, thats why I am think it might be too much. Think I will try to thin it out just a bit, but i appreciate everyones info.

anyone know if the more stragly nodes are ok to clone. the leave sets arent very big, but the are 3-5" long

Thanks

stuck

I'm doing that right now unfortunately. I decided to flower a SAGE grown from seed because I couldn't wait to try it. I took five clones off it in veg. All five died. So now I have to take budding clones. Expect six weeks to two months until they start growing again.

Archived