Employers Background Checks

I have a potential patient who is worried that having a MM card/(being registered) would show up on a background check for work.

ive always thought since it's medical information that it wouldn't be accessible to employers.

maybe someone can shed some light on this?

Here is the section u would need to reed:

Rule 333.121 Confidentiality.

Rule 21. (1) Except as provided in subrules (2) and (3) of this rule,

Michigan medical marihuana program information shall be confidential and not

subject to disclosure in any form or manner. Program information includes,

but is not limited to, all of the following:

(a) Applications and supporting information submitted by qualifying

patients.

(b) Information related to a qualifying patient's primary caregiver.

© Names and other identifying information of registry identification

cardholders.

(d) Names and other identifying information of pending applicants and

their primary caregivers.

(2) Names and other identifying information made confidential under

subrule (1) of this rule may only be accessed or released to authorized

employees of the department as necessary to perform official duties of the

department pursuant to the act, including the production of any reports of

non-identifying aggregate data or statistics.

(3) The department shall verify upon a request by law enforcement

personnel whether a registry identification card is valid, without disclosing

more information than is reasonably necessary to verify the authenticity of

the registry identification card.

(4) The department may release information to other persons only upon

receipt of a properly executed release of information signed by all

individuals with legal authority to waive confidentiality regarding that

information, whether a registered qualifying patient, a qualifying patient's

parent or legal guardian, or a qualifying patient's registered primary

caregiver. The release of information shall specify what information the

department is authorized to release and to whom.

(5) Violation of these confidentiality rules may subject an individual to

the penalties provided for under section 6(h)(4) of the act.

I think if you don't want to worry about background and being on a list anywhere then don't use Medical Marijuana. If you need to work and the company doesn't like that your a patient or do drug testing then don't use it. It is your choice to use this or not. Untill we rewrite the law we will never beable to work with it in our systems then start a business of your own or use the drug your doctor proscribe that will kill you vs using this MM so you can work. I would love to work but noone is willing to hire me for my injuries when I was on the job. Workman comp is over with and now I have to live on $500 month. If it wasn't for my mother I would be die or homeless robbing and stealing from anyone I could to to live. Now if you don't like what I say to f bad

I think if you don't want to worry about background and being on a list anywhere then don't use Medical Marijuana. If you need to work and the company doesn't like that your a patient or do drug testing then don't use it. It is your choice to use this or not. Untill we rewrite the law we will never beable to work with it in our systems then start a business of your own or use the drug your doctor proscribe that will kill you vs using this MM so you can work. I would love to work but noone is willing to hire me for my injuries when I was on the job. Workman comp is over with and now I have to live on $500 month. If it wasn't for my mother I would be die or homeless robbing and stealing from anyone I could to to live. Now if you don't like what I say to f bad

You sound a little bitter. We should not be discriminated against by employers, plain and simple. As a matter of fact I believe the ADA should be ammended to include patients who use MMJ.

You sound a little bitter. We should not be discriminated against by employers, plain and simple. As a matter of fact I believe the ADA should be ammended to include patients who use MMJ.

ok, then if you think thatit can be amended great but as long as there are state that don't have a law for it their will not be any amending to it for the state will lost money when these company base in other state that don't have the law. and sorry, I moved this month and didn't harvest enough medicine to get me through and I can't find a comapionent person out there to help me. so I am sorry for the bitter ness. I want to work and noone is will to hire me even if I get off the MMJ. I can't we even stat a business for noone believes that I would be will to take no payment for service. I have been trying to start a growers group to help teach and get the equipment we need at cost, but noone believe that their could be someone will to help comapoionactely/.

Archived