Renewal + Added Caregiver

My first renewal is putting me on edge a little.

My card expires on October 1, 2011.

My doctor filled out the Physician Certification on August 3, 2011.

I sent in my paperwork on August 11, 2011.

I received the return certified mail receipt on August 15, 2011.

It is now September 7, 2011 and they have not cashed my check nor have I received anything in the email stating I was declined.

My friend sent his paperwork in on August 11, 2011 as well.

He received his return certified mail receipt on August 15, 2011.

They cashed his check on August 16, 2011.

The only difference between him and I is the fact that I added a caregiver onto my renewal form.

His was simply a renewal.

Do you think it is taking longer simply because I added a caregiver onto my renewal form?

I can't believe they wouldn't cash my check as soon as they received it, no matter if my renewal was accepted or denied.

Just checking to see if anyone is experiencing anything similar?

It does not make a difference. They cash the checks as soon as they get them before they review anything. My checks, and I have sent several for adding patients, or patients changing caregivers, and a renewal. They have always cashed the check the day or the day after received. Sounds like it could have been misplaced or something similar.

I just called the MMM phone number

517-373-0395

It states that as of August 19, 2011, they are processing renewal applications received in June/July 2011.

It also states that if your check or money order has been cashed, then your application is in line to be processed.

Kinda weird how my friends check was cashed but mine wasn't, even thought we sent our renewal forms in at the same time and our cards expire at the same time.

I can already tell this is going to be a very interesting situation.

Archived