"lawmaker Proposes Drug Test For Mi. Wellfare Recipients"

Didn't they just try something like this in Florida and it was a miserable failure?

I was reading that Florida tested some obsurd number of welfare people and only a handfull came back positive. Everybody just stopped smoking for a while before they had to test. What a waste of taxpayers money.

Didn't they just try something like this in Florida and it was a miserable failure?

Yeah the only ones that made out in Florida was the companies that did the drug tests, they made out like fat rats. (Probably owned by Legislatures) Out of all the the people tested it was less than 2% that tested positive for drug use, when you look at the money spent to implement the program it was a total waste of money!! I was going to send this congressman a e-mail and tell him to research this kind of waste before you waste more of our money!!! Sounds like a good idea but in reality it is what is wrong with the system, too much government rules and regulation = Huge Wastes of Money!!!

Yeah the only ones that made out in Florida was the companies that did the drug tests, they made out like fat rats. (Probably owned by Legislatures) Out of all the the people tested it was less than 2% that tested positive for drug use, when you look at the money spent to implement the program it was a total waste of money!! I was going to send this congressman a e-mail and tell him to research this kind of waste before you waste more of our money!!! Sounds like a good idea but in reality it is what is wrong with the system, too much government rules and regulation = Huge Wastes of Money!!!

:goodjob::thumbsu::goodjob:

very well said!

Archived