The Fun I Have Had

TomJ

Thanks to the slow turnaround time of the application process by the state for starters. Once I knew I was approved as a CG I started out with a few WW and things were not going so well. I didn't realize that after germination you couldn't put them right into a soil with ferts oops mistake #1......Now mistake #2 After learning what I did wrong I tried again. Once again with a few WW everything was going great. I decided it was time for a foliar feeding. Unfortunately I did not dilute the mixture that was mistake #2. At this point I am about 10 weeks in and have killed everything, LOL. So instead of using seeds I paid for I started messing with freebies. I have no idea what they were. After switching from jiffy pots to solo cups and taking my sweet time I had success!! Everything was going great still only a few plants I am a paranoid guy when it comes down to it, I wanted to make sure I was well within the limits of the law. They were growing great I topped them, they grew, they were bushy you couldn't see through them!! My problem was no preflowers I couldn't tell the sex. I went ahead and triggered them.....males D'oh!!!! Bye Bye little guys I felt like I had it under control at that point. During this time I acquired another patient, so I went ahead with some more WW and another strain that slips my mind right now. Everything was going well, but yet thanks to state, I haven't received my CG card but I had all the paperwork along with the cleared check from my original patient. It was going on the 7th month so I decided to give the state a call. They called me back....yes I was approved but my card expired I told the girl I never received my card. She just said again I was expired, so I called my patient which he assured me that he sent in his renewal paperwork and the check cleared but said he would call the state. To his surprise he was denied and they NEVER notified him. So I went ahead to be safe and culled the plants I had for him. Now being worried I called my other patient she sent in a money order that can't be tracked......so yet another killing of the plants had to take place. In the meantime I went ahead and applied for my own patient card because honestly I have severe lower back pain that causes me to have insomnia and every other darn thing. The check has been cashed, no denial notification, the 21 days have well passed. I finally was able to harvest one plant, one little autoflower and I must say success is a sweet thing.

I think everyone has a story like yours. It was not easy nor cheap to grow. It was a hands on study project, and it was best when others helped out too.

Keep growin' - it gets easier.

DN

I hear ya. If I would have just came here to ask questions instead of a gardening supply shop, I would have been a lot better off and probably would have saved myself a few bucks in the process. Oh well you and learn right? It's a whole lot easier and not too over the top as far as what I have spent because I have only been purchasing what I need as I go. Now I have two mother plants and getting ready to try my hand at cloning.

I hear ya. If I would have just came here to ask questions instead of a gardening supply shop, I would have been a lot better off and probably would have saved myself a few bucks in the process. Oh well you and learn right? It's a whole lot easier and not too over the top as far as what I have spent because I have only been purchasing what I need as I go. Now I have two mother plants and getting ready to try my hand at cloning.

Hey - I might suggest a compassion club vs a grow shop. Not to bash any particular grow shop, but some have 'loaded up' my new patients and caregivers with lots of gear they don't need. I try to balance home depot with a good grow shop.

For the best advice, it always seems to be the compassion club meetings - no one is trying to sell you something!

for example - the MOCC gives live demos on cloning, FIM/bending, pest, and harvesting.

Each step is a learning process, it is always easier if you see someone do it, and better if you can try it too!

I use cubes stuck in a dixie cup of soil. Olivia's cloning gel, and a heating pad. Read up on cloning - it is the next level of learning! ; )

DN

Archived