When To Become A Caregiver?

FarmerLiz

I'm wondering when to become a caregiver. I've almost done it a couple of times now but things fell through (once the person decided to grow their own, the second person is pretty whacky, and I just wouldn't pursue it). I'd really like the advantage of being able to get rid of excess at the Farmer's Market, and have some way of paying for some of the costs of growing. I have room to expand enough for one patient.

I'm a pretty new grower and have had some problems, but I think I've worked through most of it now, and each harvest has been better than the last. Still, I am not sure that I won't have some disaster that wipes out a crop. Also, I have a limited selection of strains, and with my limit of plants it is hard to have more. The two strains I have are very good meds, but are sativa-dom. I am starting seeds now that are indica-dom and pure indica, but it will be a while before those will be available.

So how do I go about setting myself up to be a caregiver? Given the limit of 2.5 oz I am allowed to have on hand, how can I be able to keep myself in meds and supply a patient right at the beginning, before the plants I grow for them reach harvest time? How many strains should I have available? What other questions should I be getting answers to before I actually take on that responsibility?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Archived