Powdery Mildew

Fat Freddy

Will the weather has me working out side on my garden, I noticed a number of unwanted weeds growing with powdery mildew on them.

Naturally I am going to pull them out and send them to the compost pile via local trash pickup.

My question is do I need to treat the soil to fend off a out break when plant my garden?

If so what is a cheap way to go for a 10x12 area?

• 3 weeks later...

Best DEFENSE is Serenade. Smells like bunny muffin but works great veg and flower and its organic. The other thing i use and its super cheap is apple juice concentrate. Double the water to concentrate and hose em down once a week. In between spray with neutral water to wash away the little bit of sugar left behind. It also helps with mites ans the apple juice drys it sticks the bugs. But its the acidic nature of the juice that kills the powdery. Screw all the garlic concoctions and sulphur pots.

I spray once a week with Coppper Fungicide ( for organic gardening). Is cheap at 1-886-581-pest or go to www.do my ownpestcontrol.com CUF initially knocks the powedery mildew down., It does comes back, altho after 4-5 weeks of once per week it knocks PM out permanently, and cheaply.

Edited by pic book

Will the weather has me working out side on my garden, I noticed a number of unwanted weeds growing with powdery mildew on them.

Naturally I am going to pull them out and send them to the compost pile via local trash pickup.

My question is do I need to treat the soil to fend off a out break when plant my garden?

If so what is a cheap way to go for a 10x12 area?

Hey man save that weed, start your own compost heap. Compost helps with PM! PM, indoors or out likes damp humid conditions, if you somehow improve on that outdoors it could help. One cheap method for trying after a couple days of rain like we just had would be to use a ten percent milk spray. It helps multiple ways. PM can't live at ph 7 or higher, milk is ph 7. Milk encourages a bacteria that will colonize a leaf or plant quickly, and lacto basilious out muscles pm, and milk has amino acids and vitamins that plants can use as food.....shredder

I grow on a dime and applejuice is as cheap and effective as you can get. The ONLY thing i would use a fungiside on is brown or grey mold and then i will ONLY use Serenade. If you take proactive measures like you want to (treating before you see it) Serenade (not cheap but very effective) or plain old applejuice (super cheap and very effective). All thats needed is to change the ph of the leaf and ur powdery goes away because it cant live in those conditions. I dont trust the copper stuff because of all the 'inert' ingredients that arent listed that makes up more than 90% of the product in most cases. Just my opinion tho. Try them all and make your own decission.

• 4 months later...

It's been3-4 months with almost no sigh of the mildew until today......

So time to change strategies ..gonna try the milk thing on veg plants

The mildew showed up late in. Flower very little amount of it so far

So I guess I would ask if there is something I can apply after the milk that will last into flower without having to respray?

Edited by free country 420

• 4 months later...

No matter what you do the plant still has the PM its systemic, if you got it at bay you wont see it but its still there, reduces yeild big time.. i had it for a crop tryed everything what worked the best was a sulfur burner but it still didnt completly kill it didnt show on plants but they still had it, i cut everything and tore the grow room down and bleached everything 3 times and burned 2 times and i just put up new panda film and re put together the grow room and started over with new seeds, that is the only way to truely get rid of it 100 % IMHO its a pain in the donkey, sets you behind but you totally get rid of it if you clean up right, if your reason for gettin it to begin with was a problem with your room ( ventilation, humid, airflow) if you dont fix that problem you will prob get it back, i got it from an infected clone, i plan on burning as a preventitive, but you can try all your sprays and what not but its still there.... it reduced my yeild soooo much it was horrible. i could do another crop just keeping it at bay, wasnt even worth it then take the chance of smoking moldy meds.... no thanks.