Great Lakes Kush

The web doesn't say much on GLK. Clone-only; turns so dark purple it's nearly black; smell is fruity pebbles cereal; good for hyperactivity;100% indica, short, bushy.

On my own I found out it's super leafy; a wispy column of buds that don't make much weight (think Qleaner or Red Dragon). And it does not respond well to topping; mine has 13 strong spikes to its candelabra, but it appears a guy'd be better off with one center-bud (and save the labor) not a dozen stems that, for weight, may=1 poor cola.

I'm at day 56 and for 2 weeks have seen the color going from green to purple. Also, the lower leaves on the buds went yellow, dry and twisted 2 weeks ago. What I'm wondering is other than the purple color going darker, will GLK do anything more, like gain weight? Otherwise, why wait to chop it down?

Edited by pic book

• 2 weeks later...

Day 66 and Great Lakes Kush looks like it may need 3 more weeks. Not because it has fox-tailed, it has heavily; but because the pistils top to bottom are white. And in the last 10 days the 13 heads of the candelabra have swelled to 3 times the weight they were just 10 days earlier. The sample bud I cut at day 56 was mostly dry today. Effect is that of 100% indica, a great sleep med..snore...

Edited by pic book

The web doesn't say much on GLK. Clone-only; turns so dark purple it's nearly black; smell is fruity pebbles cereal; good for hyperactivity;100% indica, short, bushy.

On my own I found out it's super leafy; a wispy column of buds that don't make much weight (think Qleaner or Red Dragon). And it does not respond well to topping; mine has 13 strong spikes to its candelabra, but it appears a guy'd be better off with one center-bud (and save the labor) not a dozen stems that, for weight, may=1 poor cola.

I'm at day 56 and for 2 weeks have seen the color going from green to purple. Also, the lower leaves on the buds went yellow, dry and twisted 2 weeks ago. What I'm wondering is other than the purple color going darker, will GLK do anything more, like gain weight? Otherwise, why wait to chop it down?

If you want a bad donkey purple try most Deep Chunk hybrids..!!!