Wondering If You Can Grow In A Commerical Property

I know this is a stupid question, but I was always told that no question is a stupid one, so here goes. I am just curious if anyone knows what the laws are regarding growing in a commercial property. There are so many of them for sale or rent and very cheap right now. I think if this is legal it would be a really good idea. you get better rates from dte and and you can section it off how ever you want. it is only affordable if you have several cg that are willing to do this with you but then i guess you have to worry about the 99 plants under one roof. anyways, if anyone has any knowledge of this i would like to know. i am really into the show WEEDS(lol) and when they did it they had to worry about the fire marshell and other things but I dont think it was legal in whatever state their in(cant think of it right now) anyways didnt want to contact an attorny since so many of you guys have so much knowledge. its just an idea anyways. any feed back would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Yeah...its a fine idea

Its just that 99 plants can get you up to 20 years federal time

And that many plants would produce more than 15 oz the max under state law

Really working with other people is not great...already one too many people know about it

One person knows...no one else knows...unless you tell them

With two people who knows ...who did the other person tell? you dont know

Yep security and space would be easier to manage and perhaps safer

Staying under federal trafficking guideline of 49 or less (up to 5 years)is plenty of plants including clones even...and the risk of being procecuted goes way down

Shoot...put a 1000 watter on each plant in 18 gallon bins!

YOU DONT NEED SO MANY PLANTS !!!!!!!!!!

anyway...yeah, its a fine idea... :D

I know this is a stupid question, but I was always told that no question is a stupid one, so here goes. I am just curious if anyone knows what the laws are regarding growing in a commercial property. There are so many of them for sale or rent and very cheap right now. I think if this is legal it would be a really good idea. you get better rates from dte and and you can section it off how ever you want. it is only affordable if you have several cg that are willing to do this with you but then i guess you have to worry about the 99 plants under one roof. anyways, if anyone has any knowledge of this i would like to know. i am really into the show WEEDS(lol) and when they did it they had to worry about the fire marshell and other things but I dont think it was legal in whatever state their in(cant think of it right now) anyways didnt want to contact an attorny since so many of you guys have so much knowledge. its just an idea anyways. any feed back would be greatly appreciated. thanks

so am i to understand this correctly, if i have 5 pt, and am growing 60 am i over per federal. isnt michigan putting me over by allowing me to grow 12 per pt then

so am i to understand this correctly, if i have 5 pt, and am growing 60 am i over per federal. isnt michigan putting me over by allowing me to grow 12 per pt then

Yeah...60 is between 50-99 which is an up to 20 year federal felony

I have always advised people to grow less than 49 including clones for that reason

I just gives much less leverage and they most likely wont prosecute a 49 plant operation anyway...that's not their M.O.

Other than being over on plants you still have to deal with the fire marshal on a commercial building. There is also local zoning laws to get past as well as the community itself as to whether they will allow a MM 'warehouse'. You also will have to raise the cost of meds to cover utilities, security and any other incidentials associated with pests or the building itself. Communities are reluctant to have MM warehouses even if shared by numerous caregivers.

Dizz

Yeah the rent ....might raise the cost abit

aolt of places do have ordinances to get a business license if growing in a commerical seting...or outright banning them...so...look into it

Here are just a few of the ordinances

Garden City: Enacted a zoning ordinance requiring medical marijuana businesses to locate in the commercial district and prohibiting them in the central business district.

Grand Rapids: Enacted a six-month moratorium on licensing of any medical marijuana business while the city considers a proposal requiring dispensaries to be located in medical facilities or homes but banning stand-alone dispensaries like those in Los Angeles.

Hazel Park: The city will hear a business proposal from a group in January that wants to open a clinic, school and facility for picking up and smoking medical marijuana in the city's industrial district.

Livonia: The city amended its zoning ordinance to prohibit the licensing of any business that is in violation of local, state or federal law. According to city officials, possession of marijuana violates federal law, and the ordinance prohibits licensing any medical marijuana dispensaries in the city.

Niles: The southwest Michigan city passed an ordinance in May banning the consumption of medical marijuana at a primary caregivers location for cultivation or their legal residence. Another rule says the location from where a caregiver provides services to a qualifying patient cannot be within 1,000 feet of a drug free school zone.

Roseville: Passed a zoning ordinance which requires dispensaries to be in commercial, industry or office districts. The law eliminates residential use for a business and prohibits dispensaries from locating within 1,000 feet of a church, school, zoned residential district or other medical marijuana facility.

Royal Oak: Considering an outright ban on dispensaries as well as requiring them to locate along Woodward Avenue in the commercial district.

Saginaw: The city approved a six-month moratorium on Dec. 7 on medical marijuana business until the city enacts a land use ordinance related to medical marijuana facilities.

Traverse city:TC MMJ Ordinanace

http://www.ci.traverse-city.mi.us/marijuana0712.pdf

I have just seen so many business going into foreclosure that if you shop around you can really get pennys on the dollar. yes the cost at first would be high but in end it might be worth it, i have also seen them on the corner where you could split it up and there could be 2 or 3 doors which would give each cg their own space which would bypass the 99 plants under on roof. this is just an idea i am looking into. eventually i would like to open up a cafe and hire dizledot as the personal chef and have her her do cooking lessons like the do at the community college for those of us that cant cook if our like depended on it. just a though dizledot.

i have also seen them on the corner where you could split it up and there could be 2 or 3 doors which would give each cg their own space which would bypass the 99 plants under on roof.

Well the feds wont care about seperate spaces..lol!

Not at all...the state you might convince them I guess...but the feds are the ones you need to think about growing in a commercial space like that...and the state but the numbers allowed under state its no problem

I must have missed the MMA that says 15oz limit for growing. I'll have to dig that out again and reread it. But I don't understand about the zoning of MM. How can they even do that? Do you need to live in a certain zone to have a tomato garden? or cukes? They are just as harmless as MM, providing you with what your body needs whether it's vitamins, fiber, THC or cbds.

Has anyone read through the Michigan Right to Farm Act of 1981? Just as an FYI, there are districts out there that are giving this Act some serious considerations. It has in fact stopped one district from rezoning. I think there is even a pheasant farm up here in the Thumb that had to take their case to the Michigan Supreme Court, or the Supreme Court because the local township took issue with a pheasant farm. Maybe someone knows about that, or can dig up the case as it may have some very pleasant implications for farming MM.

Just adding to the idea. :)

how does that 15oz work is that at one give time. i am really confused about that. does that mean at one harvest. i mean come on my 12 produce more than 2.5oz. i am just really confused about this law and i guess so are the law makers here in michigan. unfortuanly the feds are not. maybe they should help the law makers here in mi right a more clear cut law so we can all be safe and protected. i really dont want to go to jail trying to help out the ones that cant grow. i have been a rn for over 10 yrs and it is in my nature to help people and right now since i cant work i have been trying to help people this way but the more i learn the more scared i become. i dont want to lose my freedom nor do i want to lose the career i worked so hard for either. its like being in a rock in a hard spot. if it wasnt for the brain tumor which cause me short term memory problems i would go back to school to become a darn attorney. lol. by the way how do you get signed off for zoning

I have just seen so many business going into foreclosure that if you shop around you can really get pennys on the dollar. yes the cost at first would be high but in end it might be worth it, i have also seen them on the corner where you could split it up and there could be 2 or 3 doors which would give each cg their own space which would bypass the 99 plants under on roof. this is just an idea i am looking into. eventually i would like to open up a cafe and hire dizledot as the personal chef and have her her do cooking lessons like the do at the community college for those of us that cant cook if our like depended on it. just a though dizledot.

I'll support anyone who can find a way to make it work, keep the cost down and not have LEO waiting at the corner to take down plate numbers, photos or follow anyone home or to a patients home. Now as far as that Chef's position I may take you up on that one!

Dizz

Archived