Eligible?

I have been off work for 2 months for chronic back pain and am currently under the care of a pain clinic. I am receiving nerve blocks, with my second scheduled for later this month. I also have glaucoma which is documented for the past couple of years, but doesn't really cause me pain. I have eye-drops for that. I am concerned that if I ask for my records at the pain clinic, they will 'fire' me for trying to go the MM route. My PCP would have nothing to do with OKing MM. Has anyone had success with getting a card with a dx of glaucoma from an eye doctor? I know I would have to pay for a MD to review their records, just wondering how 'bad' the glaucoma has to be for a doctor to sign off? I believe I can easily get it for the chronic pain dx by itself...just exploring my options. TIA for your comments. I'm in the Lansing/Jackson area and just beginning to explore this, any help would be appreciated.

Chronic pain and Glaucoma are both named conditions in the law. You will need chart notes for the last 3 visits. and they must be within the last couple of years. You can request your charts from any doctor without telling them why you are requesting them. If they ask simply say you want a copy for your personal records. If your doctor won't right the recommendation there are many doctors out there that will, including the THCF clinic in Southfield.

Chronic pain and Glaucoma are both named conditions in the law. You will need chart notes for the last 3 visits. and they must be within the last couple of years. You can request your charts from any doctor without telling them why you are requesting them. If they ask simply say you want a copy for your personal records. If your doctor won't right the recommendation there are many doctors out there that will, including the THCF clinic in Southfield.

Thank you for your quick reply :)

THCF Medical Clinics

www.thc-foundation.org/michigan/

28384 Franklin Road

Southfield, MI 48034-5503

(248) 353-2274

they travel around to different areas also to make it easier for patients who cannot travel so far. call them to see if they are comming to a hotel conference room near you.

Melmo, I also have severe pain in my lower back. I simply sent a request for my records and sent them to Dr. Robert Kenewell at the Clinic for Compassionate Care in Troy. He reviewed the documentation the other docs provided, showing treatment of degenerative disc disease with steroid injections and nerve epidurals. Dr. Kenewell had sufficient evidence to reinforce his recommendation for me to receive palliative benefit from the use of marijuana. Anyone with sufficient documentation of a painful medical condition qualifies under the portion of the law that allows a Doctor to recommend marijuana to a person if he believes the person will receive palliative (pain relief) benefit from the use of marijuana.

Melmo, I also have severe pain in my lower back. I simply sent a request for my records and sent them to Dr. Robert Kenewell at the Clinic for Compassionate Care in Troy. He reviewed the documentation the other docs provided, showing treatment of degenerative disc disease with steroid injections and nerve epidurals. Dr. Kenewell had sufficient evidence to reinforce his recommendation for me to receive palliative benefit from the use of marijuana. Anyone with sufficient documentation of a painful medical condition qualifies under the portion of the law that allows a Doctor to recommend marijuana to a person if he believes the person will receive palliative (pain relief) benefit from the use of marijuana.

Thanks, KGB. Lots of helpful information in this thread. I am just wondering if there is some type of 'threshold' for glaucoma. I have it, but it is controlled by the eye drops. It would just be so much easier to get that documentation than dealing with a hospital-based pain clinic. My eye doctor rules ad I have no problem telling her what I intend to do with those records. I have heard of the Southfield place, they don't seem to be coming to Lansing/Jackson anytime soon. Is there a similar place in this area?

THCF Medical Clinics

www.thc-foundation.org/michigan/

28384 Franklin Road

Southfield, MI 48034-5503

(248) 353-2274

they travel around to different areas also to make it easier for patients who cannot travel so far. call them to see if they are comming to a hotel conference room near you.

Thanks for the link...looks like they aren't planning a local trip soon.

Archived