Denied By Compassionate Medical Care

I'd been waiting for more than 2 weeks to get a call back from Compassionate Medical Care PLLC, and I finally did, but the news was not what I was expecting. I've been dealing with stomach problems for several years now, it is very difficult for me to eat without medicating, I can eat at most a few bites at a meal even if I am extremely hungry. If I consume Cannabis before eating however.... it is a very different story. So anyway I got my records sent to this place (which was a huge pain in the donkey to begin with) and now the doctor calls me today and tells me my charts are for "motility" or having your stomach not empty quickly enough, and not severe nausea and as such she can not issue me a recommendation. This was extremely disheartening news to hear as I've been trying to get an appointment at one of these clinics since November. Anyway, I'm wondering what I should do. Start going to a new doctor and complain specifically of severe nausea or try and goto a different clinic?

All help is much appreciated.

Wow that really sucks and is quite surprising. There are a few things i would do to speed up process.

I would go after the severe nausea angle. I would request from my regular doctor that you can some prescription for your nuasea. Anything. Then take all of that paper work ( once you get any sort of prescription for nausea) and sent it into a marijuana clinic again. i think that as long as you have doctumention of nausea and have been prescribed any sort of medication for it, you will qualify for medical marijuana! good luck!

Wow that really sucks and is quite surprising. There are a few things i would do to speed up process.

I would go after the severe nausea angle. I would request from my regular doctor that you can some prescription for your nuasea. Anything. Then take all of that paper work ( once you get any sort of prescription for nausea) and sent it into a marijuana clinic again. i think that as long as you have doctumention of nausea and have been prescribed any sort of medication for it, you will qualify for medical marijuana! good luck!

Im not sure how the thc clinics work down there, but i went to a diff dr. than the one i was seeing for over 12yr,because dr. did not believe in mm, I brought 3yrs worth of records to a diff dr. and he examined me and filled out the app for mm for me. Good luck!

My recommendation is talk to your regular doctor, explain the nausea you are experiencing with eating. Explain that you have found that if you smoke/ vaporize marijuana before eating you can consume a normal meal without getting sick. Also let the doctor know how afraid you are of getting arrested for using a medicinal herb which relieves your symptoms. With a little luck you might convince the doctor to recommend MMJ and you won't need to pay a MMJ doctor a huge fee for the recommendation. If your doctor refuses to recomend marijuana, ask if there is something else he can get you for the nausea.

See the thing is I have already been prescribed many different medications for my stomach. I was on 40 mg of Nexium twice a day, I've been on a combination of Reglan (the company which produced this is now being sued because reglan causes some kind of disease) and Erythromycin, different combinations of antibiotics and other drugs I am unsure of, and Prilosec OTC. None of them was nearly as effective as marijiuana is for me, and some of the things I was taking made me even more nauseous or were dangerous to my health (reglan). Getting a Caregiver card is not an option for me as I am only 18 years old and you have to be 21 to get one. It absolutely IS severe nausea it just does not say "severe nausea" on my medical charts. This process is taking 100 times longer than I thought it would and is very frustrating.

EDIT: Also, I am from Atlanta and only recently got a MI drivers license, so my primary care physician as well as my Gastrointestinal doctor are based in Georgia where there is no MM.

If you are being denied a patient card, try applying for a caregiver card. This will allow you to possess 2.5 oz per patient, plus plants. At least this way you keep yourself safe from possession/trafficking charges.

You can't have a CG card until you have a patient sign you as their CG.

Sounds like you may need to see a doc up here for your condition. Need to tell them about the severe nausea, might even take a few visits, then if the new doc won't sign get those records & go back to a thc clinic.

I know , this sucks but I think this might be your only option at this point.

Archived