Medical Card

I have a question and I'm having trouble finding an answer. I've called the state office but I get the machine and never a returned call. So hopefully someone has had a similar issue. I've been approved through a provider. I have all (nearly all...read on) the necessary documentation. I have to send in my claim to the state. The problem is this - I'm currently in Kentucky and will be here for a few months for school. I've lost my Michigan Drivers Licence and the only way to get another picture ID is to come to a Michigan Secretary of State office personally, well there is another way but I'll be home before that ever would help, being military they can reissue an ID but the SoS rep said it takes months. The state did however send me a temporary paper licence, proving that I am a Michigan resident. My question is this - Can I send in the copy of my temp licence in to the state, perhaps along with a copy of my Passport, Military ID, etc so they can match photo with temp licence? Has anyone had a similar problem? I just don't want to send in a copy of my temp licence and secondary piece of identification if its just going to be denied in a few months.

Archived