What Is In The Works Currently On The Political Side?

Moss

I haven't heard much of anything politically since MMJ passed. Is there anything currently in the works or is everyone pretty much sitting back and waiting to see what the courts have to say with how the laws are now?

I keep expecting to see an organized effort for statewide decrim but I haven't. With MMJ passing as widely as it did, this seems to be a no-brainer. You have the same arguments as always as to why decrim is the right idea, with the added argument that even with MMJ passed patients are still being thrown though the ringer, so decrim would provide an extra layer of security for patients and a saner policy for everyone else.

Is there anything cannabis related coming up or potentially coming up this election aside from voting for those who take a preferred stance on the issue?

I haven't heard much of anything politically since MMJ passed. Is there anything currently in the works or is everyone pretty much sitting back and waiting to see what the courts have to say with how the laws are now?

I keep expecting to see an organized effort for statewide decrim but I haven't. With MMJ passing as widely as it did, this seems to be a no-brainer. You have the same arguments as always as to why decrim is the right idea, with the added argument that even with MMJ passed patients are still being thrown though the ringer, so decrim would provide an extra layer of security for patients and a saner policy for everyone else.

Is there anything cannabis related coming up or potentially coming up this election aside from voting for those who take a preferred stance on the issue?

Moss,

Haven't seen anything new here in Michigan and I try to keep up on it pretty well... maybe others have heard something. There is some stuff still trying to get moved through on the Federal level by MPP, ASA, etc, for decrim and medical use that can be found on their web sites... issues that can use ALL the support they can get.

I agree with the idea of decrim here in Mich... it would give patients, caregivers and others good coverage and would hopefully decrease the hassles that continue to go on with LEO and court issues.

Right now I think a lot of people are waiting to see what happens in Cal this November, if cannabis is legalized there then I think there will be good support here for at least decriminalization.

I know I'm staying the course and I hope others do too. Here's a site that can be used to track legislation on the Federal level.

http://www.govtrack....?bill=h110-5843

Thanks for the post.

GB

Moss,

Haven't seen anything new here in Michigan and I try to keep up on it pretty well... maybe others have heard something. There is some stuff still trying to get moved through on the Federal level by MPP, ASA, etc, for decrim and medical use that can be found on their web sites... issues that can use ALL the support they can get.

I agree with the idea of decrim here in Mich... it would give patients, caregivers and others good coverage and would hopefully decrease the hassles that continue to go on with LEO and court issues.

Right now I think a lot of people are waiting to see what happens in Cal this November, if cannabis is legalized there then I think there will be good support here for at least decriminalization.

I know I'm staying the course and I hope others do too. Here's a site that can be used to track legislation on the Federal level.

http://www.govtrack....?bill=h110-5843

Thanks for the post.

GB

Nice post. Thanks for sharing the website info. Maybe I'll live long enough to see marijuana be decriminalized here in Michigan.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Mizerman

i'm kinda new to the mj activism scene right now. so i don't know everything thats happening.... but heres what i do.

at last MiNormal meeting a member asked each of the members of the board to answer this question:

"when will MJ be legal in michigan?"

most members of the board answered 2012... i do not know if that means there is something in the works, or if this was hopefulness.

-today (the 12th) there is a Gubernatorial Rebublican thing going on at the Birch Run Expo center. if you are a republican (i don't happen to be) please show up and ask the potiential candidates (some of which are very opposed to medical mj) questions about med mj

-there is a medication event on the 13th of this month at the Phonex Cafe in Hazel Park ($7 cover)

-there is a house oversight comittee meeting on the 15th to discuss issues MedMJ

-there is a MedMj rally on the 17th

ummm... geeez i know theres more happening... but i'm a bit frazzled tonight from doing a lot of coordinating for community organizations today.

there is a house oversite meeting.

Phil... thanks for the info and letting us in on what's happening.

The stats say that only about 10% of people take action on something they care about.

But with more info out there that 10% grows and more gets done.

Thanks again.

Stay well brother.

Archived