Republican Gubernatorial Candidate Forum

Gubernatorial Candidate ForumprintButton.png Monday, April 12 2010, 7:00pm - 9:00pm Hits : 225

REPUBLICAN GUBERNATORIAL CANDIDATE FORUM

Gubernatorial Candidates:

Oakland County Sheriff Mike Bouchard

Attorney General Mike Cox

Congressman Pete Hoekstra

Senator Tom George

Special Guests: Court of Appeals Candidates

Judge William Whitbeck and Judge Pat Donofrio

Monday, April 12, 2010

7:00 to 9:00 p.m.

Doors open at 6:30 p.m.

Birch Run Expo Center

I-75 Exit 136 – 11600 South Beyer Rd., Birch Run, MI 48415

$5 admission at door; Tickets may be reserved by calling (989) 790-0285

Free Parking (valet parking available)

Sponsored by:

Saginaw County Republican Women’s Club, Republican Women’s Conservative Alliance of Genesee County, 5th District GOP, Bay County GOP, Genesee County GOP, Saginaw County GOP and Tuscola County GOP

Gubernatorial Candidate ForumprintButton.png Monday, April 12 2010, 7:00pm - 9:00pm Hits : 225

REPUBLICAN GUBERNATORIAL CANDIDATE FORUM

Gubernatorial Candidates:

Oakland County Sheriff Mike Bouchard

Attorney General Mike Cox

Congressman Pete Hoekstra

Senator Tom George

Special Guests: Court of Appeals Candidates

Judge William Whitbeck and Judge Pat Donofrio

Monday, April 12, 2010

7:00 to 9:00 p.m.

Doors open at 6:30 p.m.

Birch Run Expo Center

I-75 Exit 136 – 11600 South Beyer Rd., Birch Run, MI 48415

$5 admission at door; Tickets may be reserved by calling (989) 790-0285

Free Parking (valet parking available)

Sponsored by:

Saginaw County Republican Women’s Club, Republican Women’s Conservative Alliance of Genesee County, 5th District GOP, Bay County GOP, Genesee County GOP, Saginaw County GOP and Tuscola County GOP

Looking some of these guys up right now... but from what I recall about them though, none of them are going to give us much support.

But I'd certainly be glad to be proven wrong. Would love to hear ANY info anybody has on these guys.

We've got to start somewhere I guess.

Thanks.

In hindsight, for a measly $5 it might be really fun to go there and ask them a lot of questions and maybe pass out some literature! LOL! ;)

Sorry, I can't make it to this one. Tomorrow is my birthday :D and that is one place I would not go to willingly - (a room full of republicans!) LMAO! :P

Mizerman B)

Pete Hoekstra

* Voted NO on more funding for Mexico to fight drugs. (Jun 2008)

* Voted YES on military border patrols to battle drugs & terrorism. (Sep 2001)

* Voted YES on prohibiting needle exchange & medical marijuana in DC. (Oct 1999)

* Voted NO on subjecting federal employees to random drug tests. (Sep 1998)

* Rated -30 by NORML, indicating a "hard-on-drugs" stance. (Dec 2006)

Michael Bouchard

"The most notable opponent is Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard, who has argued that marijuana does not, in fact, provide the medicinal benefit it claims, that alternative drugs exist to obtain the same medicinal benefit, and that decriminalization will cause enforcement headaches and weaken drug laws."

Mike Cox

Can't find any info on his stance, I even searched though a PDF from his campaign site that all about what he wants to do. He is very quiet on the marijuana issue it seems. Hopefully someone will find something.

Tom George

Outspokenly opposed MMJ.

To sum up his views, in my own words: He is a doctor so he knows all. Marinol is better than natural. And he constantly uses the phrase "smokeable marijuana" so he doesn't have to admit his claims are bull using other methods.

"So I’m telling you as a former hospice physician that it is of no benefit to legalize smokeable marijuana because more effective treatments are already available."

Transcript of full speech on the Senate floor in 2008

Gee, who would have thought in a group of republicans you wouldn't find someone in favor of personal freedoms.

I'm going out on a limb and saying Cox won't be any help seeing as he isn't being any as AG.

Pete Hoekstra

* Voted NO on more funding for Mexico to fight drugs. (Jun 2008)

* Voted YES on military border patrols to battle drugs & terrorism. (Sep 2001)

* Voted YES on prohibiting needle exchange & medical marijuana in DC. (Oct 1999)

* Voted NO on subjecting federal employees to random drug tests. (Sep 1998)

* Rated -30 by NORML, indicating a "hard-on-drugs" stance. (Dec 2006)

Michael Bouchard

"The most notable opponent is Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard, who has argued that marijuana does not, in fact, provide the medicinal benefit it claims, that alternative drugs exist to obtain the same medicinal benefit, and that decriminalization will cause enforcement headaches and weaken drug laws."

Mike Cox

Can't find any info on his stance, I even searched though a PDF from his campaign site that all about what he wants to do. He is very quiet on the marijuana issue it seems. Hopefully someone will find something.

Tom George

Outspokenly opposed MMJ.

To sum up his views, in my own words: He is a doctor so he knows all. Marinol is better than natural. And he constantly uses the phrase "smokeable marijuana" so he doesn't have to admit his claims are bull using other methods.

"So I’m telling you as a former hospice physician that it is of no benefit to legalize smokeable marijuana because more effective treatments are already available."

Transcript of full speech on the Senate floor in 2008

Gee, who would have thought in a group of republicans you wouldn't find someone in favor of personal freedoms.

I'm going out on a limb and saying Cox won't be any help seeing as he isn't being any as AG.

Moss, Thanks for the coverage of these guys, certainly helps me make up MY mind about a few things.

But from what I've seen so far it's going to be hard to even find a Democrat that is willing to help.

Gonna be some hard choices to make this November unless things change big time.

But I'm going to keep looking. Too many good things happening to stop now.

Thanks again.

great data moss. thanks

i wanted to go yesterday... but had community gardening projects...

i used to live in oakland county. and i remember some article from the paper out there that Michael Bouchard was talking about Medical Marijuana (i would assume this would be around the end of 2008, cause I remember having this conversation over the Christmas diner table)

I don't have any quotes, but I remember him basically saying that it didn't matter that the Medical Marijuana law was passed, he, as sheriff, was going to pursue and arrest every person he could that had Cannabis, medical or not.

I really wanted to have an opportunity to research those statements and throw them in his face yesterday. Maybe pull up some statistics before hand about the percentage of republican voters (not politicians) that use Cannabis, medical or recreational.

Archived