Open Carry And Mmj

I recently found out that any legal gun owner who is atleast eighteen years old may openly carry their weapon in the State of Michigan. I was wondering if any of you were a member of one of these open carry organizations or if you simply open carried your weapon and what your experiences were with LEO encounters. Whether your pro or anti gun rights, it's interesting to see that open carriers face many of the same issues we face with law enforcement. Although both the medical marijuana and the open carry movements have much in common, I'm wodering if I can be a part of both movements as guns and drugs go together like oil and water. I realize alot of you are against the Second Amendment, but putting that aside, I would be interested in hearing any thought or experiences you may have to share. Thanks :)

I have only carried twice in public and both times I had encounters with the police, doing their job. I presented my ID all my paperwork on my pistol and after about twenty minutes all was OK.

It was suggested I take and lock it in the trunk but I declined the advice and told them until we leave I will continue to carry my weapon. Medical Marijuana was never mentioned because there was no reason to bring it up.

I don't belong to any open carry group (didn't know they had any) and I've known about the right to open carry for years. It didn't start to get any real media attention until the teabaggers started showing up carrying at events with Pres. Obama.

Why couldn't you belong to both groups you can keep them separate yet equal, I do. I belong to NRA for years and NORMAL and soon will be a member of MINORMAL.

I don't mix the two in any way shape or form when it comes advocating either one, there's no need to. I used to hunt until I was injured and home and self protection is not only a constitutional right its just good common sense also.

I dont have any want or need to open carry i have my cpl and i would much rather keep it covered that way there are no issues with LEO's. I dont mix the two and if i need to medicate it is an absolute must that the rounds are taken from the pistol and locked seperate from each other just as if i was drinking with my cpl. and remember even mmj + a firearm no matter the reason can lead to big time problems with leo's and the feds. Just my 2 cents wanna help keep every one safe

In the state of MI You CANNOT be stopped for open carry. There was a recent case where LEO was driving and stoped a guy walking down the road with a holstered 45 acp. Went to court and cop was advised of the law.lol

I knew nothing of this law. so if i am not a fellon I can carry a loaded pistol on my belt unconcealed loaded?? and not during deer hunting, I carry a side arm than but only in the woods not in my car, i unload all my guns and put them in cases and bullets or shells in diff location in vehicle.

Archived