Teachers For Legalization?

Good for him. Although he will probably be forced to step down because of those comments.

Little hurts teachers credibility more than the topic of marijuana. The teathers are required to tow the party line and the kids know they are being lied to. It harms more than it helps because the kids know plenty of people who have used it to no ill effect, so when they are told lies about how it is it makes them question the dangers of other substances.

I remember sitting though D.A.R.E in 6th grade. At the end of the program they wanted us to sign a pledge saying we wouldn't use drugs. I was torn on if I should sign it because even that young I knew darn well that when I was older I would try tobacco, alcohol and marijuana, just like the majority of people do.

Good for him. Although he will probably be forced to step down because of those comments.

Little hurts teachers credibility more than the topic of marijuana. The teathers are required to tow the party line and the kids know they are being lied to. It harms more than it helps because the kids know plenty of people who have used it to no ill effect, so when they are told lies about how it is it makes them question the dangers of other substances.

I remember sitting though D.A.R.E in 6th grade. At the end of the program they wanted us to sign a pledge saying we wouldn't use drugs. I was torn on if I should sign it because even that young I knew darn well that when I was older I would try tobacco, alcohol and marijuana, just like the majority of people do.

Let's hope all those secret teacher tokers once inside the election booths pull the right handle.

I think there are a lot more people out there that are pro-cannabis than most of us think.

And I think that a lot of people, teachers or otherwise know that our elected pols aren't going to change ANYTHING for us and if change is going to happen it will have to be at the ballot box and WE will have to do it.

At the first sign of a petition coming out here in Mich for decrim / legalization I for one will be all over it like a preacher on a Sunday sermon.

I am NOT givin' up on this one.

LOL ... without getting into it i smoke with teacher ... on a frequent basis.. but because of being scared by bs she's afraid to become a patient ... she thinks it can and would be held against her. but she uses it for true medical reasons and the funnier thing is shes a caregiver, so why not take the next step!!!! LOL but i feel her i guess it's a touchy subject. but if it came to it she would stand proudly on the pro side i can definetly credit her with that!

Archived