All Natural Lunch

Well everybody I'm going to make up a locally grown lunch today. I am going to sautee a bunch of morell mushrooms in some green butter ane enjoy the sunny day. Maybe I can go and find more this afternoon and do it all over again tomorrow. Tis the season go out for a walk with a sharp eye and reap the benefits of what this beautiful state has to offer the people that have tuffend up and stayed here instead of moving south or west like everyone else. Wild mushrooms rule,and so do popcorn nugs that look like diamond jewelry.

The Morels are coming up very early this year. We found baby esculenta April 11th in the Grand Rapids area. I have been enjoying the fiddles and ramps too. I found some wild watercress today on a foraging trip. Peppery and delicious with med smoke. Two days ago I found 18 nice yellows under a couple of apple trees in a old orchard. The ground was looking kinda dry today in the woods. We need RAIN! I would love to have company on a morel foray. Anyone in the GR area interested in hunting with me send a msg my way.

Archived