A Resolution In Oscoda County

I will soon be sending this in. If you wanted to you could copy this and send it in to your county with a few changes.

A RESOLUTION IN OSCODA COUNTY IN THE STATE OF MICHIGAN ALLOWING FARMERS TO APPLY FOR PERMITS TO GROW INDUSTRIAL HEMP AS AN AGRICULTURAL AND INDUSTRIAL PRODUCT PROVIDING THEY ARE IN COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LAW AND REGULATIONS ADOPTED BY THE STATE OF MICHIGAN.

WHEREAS, it is a current major economic goal to diversify the agriculture in Michigan; and

WHEREAS, although industrial hemp is often mistakenly associated with marijuana, it is a different plant, with little or no tetrahydrocannabinol or narcotic properties, so Michigan farmers should not be prohibited from expanding agricultural practices to the growing of industrial hemp; and

WHEREAS, industrial hemp has been used in the manufacture of paper, paints, clothing, plastics, cosmetics, food, fuel, and animal feed and the market exists in Michigan for raw industrial hemp material; and

WHEREAS, American farmers can apply for permits to grow the crop under United States Code (USC) Title 21, Subchapter I, Part C, Section 823 of the Controlled Substances Act providing they are in compliance with State and Local law.

THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE OSCODA COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS

Only problem I can forsee with growing hemp, and I may be wrong, will be the possible pollinating of Medicinal grows from the males that will be grown in the fields. I may be wrong but thousands of males dusting the air could cause a few seeds to be inadvertantly started in some of the grows that are not totally sealed from outside air by filters of some sort.

Archived