What Will It Do?

Gangie

I'm guessing that the plants will stay the same size.

IOW the plant(s) will be shocked and produce little more growth.

You can't screw up the light cycles like that. It takes a couple of weeks for a plant to get used to a new light cycle.

sorry pb but in the june sun they will reveg----gangie you are messing with mother nature but can still have good

outcome. hope it goes well------tucker

sorry pb but in the june sun they will reveg----gangie you are messing with mother nature but can still have good

outcome. hope it goes well------tucker

Yep .. agree.

They will reveg .. after a while. Resulting in lowered production.

Note that gangie was talking about having them outside for only "the last two or 3 weeks."

That is unless you can keep it in the dark for 12 hours still then it would work just fine.

Maybe the way that you have done it ..

But every time I shift light cycle, I have to wait for the plant to get life figured out again.

It's not to bad if you shift from say on at midnight and then off at 4PM. Then shift it to 2AM - 2PM.

In both cases the light was on during the period of 2AM - 2 PM.

What we did is cause the sun to rise later and set earlier. Something that a plant does normally as we head into the fall.

However .. if you do something like start indoor with lights on at night then shift to lights on in the daytime .. It just lost track of the whole world. "Where does the bright light come from in the middle of the night??"

The plant is confused and lost for several days. It can easily take three weeks just for the plant to get day and night figured out again.

Meanwhile, the plant could become confused about if it is a male or female. Sometimes it settles for both and has sex with itself.

Guest finallyfree09

it is vital that if you do decide to move ANY plant from indoors into natural light outside... you MUST put the plants in sunlight for a couple hours a day to acclimate it. sunlight is MUCH more intense than artificial light (even a 1500 watt hps) and will, believe it or not, sunburn the living CRAP out of your girls.

start putting them outside for 2 or 3 hours a day in filtered sunlight. then after 4 or 5 days of that put them in direct sunlight for 4 hours a day for another 4 or 5 days. this should harden up your girls. i can't tell you how many budplants i killed in my younger days by NOT doing this but i can tell you that it is VERY dpressing to watch the leaves shrivel up and fall off. :(

this will mess up your bud cycle though. finish the flowering cycle indoors, then reveg indoors and follow the instructions above if you want to move them outdoors.

Archived