How Are Cops Busting Caregivers?

itssortalegal10

OK so my wife and I were talking again about me being a caregiver. I had said to her that she needs to realize we are probably at some point going to have cops at our door trying to bust me for anything and everything. That led us to the topic of what they would look for. That is where I am not clear at all. So I keep seeing on here "stick to the legal amounts". That is 12 plants I know that's however what if a plant drops a seed and a new plant start or a seedling let's say pops up in the night. Now I know I would kill it ASAP if I know it is there. BUT...what if say I am unlucky and they come and that night a seedling sprouted while I was in bed. Would they say I have 13 plants and take me away?

Guest finallyfree09

stick with clones... no males and as long as you don't stress the plants you won't have to worry about them turning into hermaphrodites.

i too live here man... you know as well as i do the puritanistic attitudes of the local police as well as many of the people who reside here. stop being paranoid or you are gonna drive yourself nuts. god knows i did for a while there.

go to the meeting in clare on saturday. you will meet a few people that will be able to help you (as long as you have your card). if you don't have your card you need to get it. either way, if i recognize you we might talk. :)

I would say that the odd of the events that you described above are very low. Just remember to remove a plant (Harvest) before you even cut a clone or germ a seed. Don't cheat, thinking that because your going to harvest a plant next week you should germ your seed now will get you in trouble.

OK so my wife and I were talking again about me being a caregiver. I had said to her that she needs to realize we are probably at some point going to have cops at our door trying to bust me for anything and everything. That led us to the topic of what they would look for. That is where I am not clear at all. So I keep seeing on here "stick to the legal amounts". That is 12 plants I know that's however what if a plant drops a seed and a new plant start or a seedling let's say pops up in the night. Now I know I would kill it ASAP if I know it is there. BUT...what if say I am unlucky and they come and that night a seedling sprouted while I was in bed. Would they say I have 13 plants and take me away?

The answer really is that at no time does LEO have any right to be in your growing without a warrant. In order to get a warrant, they must have probable cause. Working ONLY with registered patients and staying 100% within your legal limits = no reasonable cause = no warrant. No warrant = no access. No access = no spotting a "popped in the middle of the night" seedling.

Do not EVER let law enforcement into your grow location without a warrant and you really have little to worry about. Now, there is always the possibility of cowboy cops coming in without a warrant, or rogue judges signing off on a bogus warrant, but a decent attorney should be able to clear you in those cases.

stick with clones... no males and as long as you don't stress the plants you won't have to worry about them turning into hermaphrodites.

i too live here man... you know as well as i do the puritanistic attitudes of the local police as well as many of the people who reside here. stop being paranoid or you are gonna drive yourself nuts. god knows i did for a while there.

go to the meeting in clare on saturday. you will meet a few people that will be able to help you (as long as you have your card). if you don't have your card you need to get it. either way, if i recognize you we might talk. :)

Yeah well the patient I had hoped to help is being stubborn about everything and so far does not want treatment and seems to just want to die without trying. Unless someone knows of anyone in or around the area that needs me I am kinda screwed as far as a card goes. I just wish the lady would have been interested, I would have even referred her to someone else to get her help if it came down to it.

Yeah well the patient I had hoped to help is being stubborn about everything and so far does not want treatment and seems to just want to die without trying. Unless someone knows of anyone in or around the area that needs me I am kinda screwed as far as a card goes.

Yeah there is a doctor up at reed city hospital that does clinics. I saw signs everywhere all around reed city promoting a clinic and they were all gone within about a day....That is why I posted that unsuccessful thread about needing help in this area enlightening people through whatever plausible means or whatever, but no ideas thus far.

That led us to the topic of what they would look for.

Most busts come from tips, or neighbor complaints. Like everyone has already said, pretend it is still illegal. Don't let anyone know if you can help it. If someone finds out, the world of people you know will know about your grow within a month. It's big, cool, gossip. If nobody ever knows, and you keep the smell under control, it is likely that you'll never have a problem.

I wouldn't worry about the one plant sprouting up overnight, and getting busted the next morning. Just maintain your garden to the best of your ability.

I would say that the odd of the events that you described above are very low. Just remember to remove a plant (Harvest) before you even cut a clone or germ a seed. Don't cheat, thinking that because your going to harvest a plant next week you should germ your seed now will get you in trouble.

Yeah thats what I figured...My biggest concern was that situation I described. I have never been to jail or prison and I do not sell weed or any other drug. I have a clean record however I just know the cops around here are bored and would probably love to

harass a guy like me. Not to mention nobody but people close to me, the people on here and my patients would be the only ones who knew I was doing it so whatever.

I just remember thinking I saw on the application for caregiver a box or something that you check that asked something like do you want local law enforcement to know about this or something. I am probably crazy. Either way they would be informed probably.

Most busts come from tips, or neighbor complaints. Like everyone has already said, pretend it is still illegal. Don't let anyone know if you can help it. If someone finds out, the world of people you know will know about your grow within a month. It's big, cool, gossip. If nobody ever knows, and you keep the smell under control, it is likely that you'll never have a problem.

I wouldn't worry about the one plant sprouting up overnight, and getting busted the next morning. Just maintain your garden to the best of your ability.

Hah I live a third of a mile off of the road on 18 acres of land. The closest neighbor is about a football field length away and in the summer you cant see them and they cant see us. Plus they don't live there they just visit the cabin every so often. The next closest is a third of a mile away at the mouth of my driveway lol...Smell is not a concern. Honestly my wife is wanting me to do this so she can tell cancer patients at work about me. The only problem is that I would never have the space to grow for more than two or three patients in my little playhouse thing we have.

That leads me to another question. You can also grow in your home apparently. i have seen local news coverage on the issue and people have plants just growing in their living room. If I am allowed to grow openly in my home I could take on a few more patients. I guess I am wondering if those dudes on the news were legal by doing that or if they weren't.

• I don't think it's as dangerous as you characterize it, saying "we are probably at some point going to have cops at our door". There's really a slim chance of that happening, unless you do something dumb, like ---
  • "Honestly my wife is wanting me to do this so she can tell cancer patients at work about me" Man, that would make me very nervous. I am taking on a cancer patient co-worker of mine as a patient, but I've made it very clear that no one else in that circle (co-workers, friends, customers) can ever know the real deal. Our cover story would have to be something like "Oh, I know a guy who is helping her out...". Sounds lame, but maybe better than having a bunch of people (and their friends) know you grow, and know your address and other personal details.

• I don't think it's as dangerous as you characterize it, saying "we are probably at some point going to have cops at our door". There's really a slim chance of that happening, unless you do something dumb, like ---
  • "Honestly my wife is wanting me to do this so she can tell cancer patients at work about me" Man, that would make me very nervous. I am taking on a cancer patient co-worker of mine as a patient, but I've made it very clear that no one else in that circle (co-workers, friends, customers) can ever know the real deal. Our cover story would have to be something like "Oh, I know a guy who is helping her out...". Sounds lame, but maybe better than having a bunch of people (and their friends) know you grow, and know your address and other personal details.

I agree and thank's for pointing that out...However we are not well known in the community. I literally have 2 friends one of whom lives in Chicago. I do not trust many people so therefore don't know or hang with many. As far as her telling patients their options, I would love them to fire he for that. We would sue the snot outta them and win! It is not illegal for her to tell a patient about options. Not to mention she is probably the best nurses aid at that hospital, and she is in good with a prominent doctor who works there and takes part in a medical marijuana clinic regularly who would back her up.

If they fired her they would have to hire like five people to do everything she does for them and they know that. They can't afford that trust me. As a matter of fact they do random drug testing there and she has never once been tested despite the fact everyone under 60 there has been. Even if they did drug test her after she recommended me, they would be wasting their time because she does no drugs or marijuana. She has openly spoke to the mm clinic doctor there about how I would start this and if he has any patients that need me in front of other employees for weeks now and has openly shared her support for this state fully legalizing it since the law has passed.

Archived