Sheriff Facing Recall

budhabit

The debate is alive and growing among people of Saginaw County over 100 people responding

Please join us Thursday July 1s for an Historic event and stand up speak for rights as American citizens Life Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

This what I posted on Mlive.com excuse the grammar my feathers are ruffled here is the link to Sheriff facing recall

http://www.mlive.com...nts-newest.html

I can assure the story I related in my prior post is 100% true but what infuriates me the most is the lack of compassion towards a terminally ill cancer patient from our Local Sheriffs Dept by confiscating and refusing to return the Cannabis oil or also known as the Rick Simpson oil that we make and is providing relief and one last hope for these patients. The patient in question is Middle age woman who has stage 4 breast cancer breast masts to the bone she has been fighting this for 16 years and she has been bed ridden for 4 months with intense pain when she seen the a Video Called Rick Simpson Running from the Cure which you can see for you self on You Tube. After seeing this video she wanted to give it a try since she has already exhausted all forms of conventional treatment and is only being treated by Hospice now I also wanted to remind you this woman has never before tried or used cannabis. Well she was able to obtain a Dr recommendation and had to wait 21 days before starting the cannabis oil treatment by law and verified By Dept of Community Health . But the State takes almost 5 months to issue the medical marijuana cards And our Sheriffs dept is so anal about this and will not accept paper work only cards that is why they raiding my home . Well after only couple of weeks of using the Rick Simpson Oil her pain level went from a 5 down to 2 or 3 and she was able to get out of bed for the first time in 4 months I am not saying that the Simpson Oil is going to save her life and cure her but if it can give her just one day one week or one month of some added quality to her life its all worth it. And to have our local Sheriffs dept deny to her is crime against humanity My God how low can you go or anal can you be to do this to some one. We are not Drug dealers for providing this woman the cannabis oil. It takes a large sum of marijuana to make this oil about 2 to 3 ounces for one weeks treatment and if she were to obtain this off the street it would cost her about $600 to $900 to make and we provide this to her for free. How do we do the this you may ask by donations by other caring medical marijuana patients and caregivers through the Tri City Compassion Club. Which Mr Boyke is also member of some facts on his case that most are unaware of is that this man is Medical Marijuana patient who has had 2 brain surgery's one of them removing part of his right frontal lobe this poor man is mentally disabled and mean this with no disrespect to Mr Boyke but this poor guy cant even remember his own age half the time let alone do basic math and the State did issue him a Medical Marijuana card and a Caregiver Card and believe this man is no Drug Dealer but for this man to have to endure this kind of treatment from our Sheriffs dept by destroying his home and extorting money and property from him with out any due process That is what is truly scary and we should have to live in fear of our Law enforcement they are here to Protect and Serve not to steal and extort especially from the ones who are the most week and vulnerable. The fact is there is New Law in existence and the Medical Marijuana Law that has been enacted by a voter initiative not the legislation. So there are more more legal marijuana grow operations emerging every day. The State is receiving an average of 179 applications a day. So with that in mind shouldn't our law enforcement do some proper investigation and verify first whether or not a suspected marijuana grow operation is by a legal medical marijuana patient or caregiver or is just there policy to shoot and ask questions later. So there is a lot more to these story's then miss use of confiscated items. Its about are violations of our basic civil rights as Americans and basic freedoms. So if you feel strongly about this issue as I do please Join us Thursday July 1st at the Saginaw County Court house at corner of Court and Michigan for a peaceful protest at let our voice be heard Life Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness or is that just false hope and dream that no longer exists in this country.

Guest Wayne

While not a Saginaw resident this infuriates me. As suspected he claimed being on duty 24/7. Surprised he doesn't have a matching yacht for marine patrol and matching motorhome for mobile response. Perhaps it's just a matter of the right opportunity popping up. Can't imagine being a rank and file officer being asked for wage and benefit concessions while the Sheriff get's to keep the booty. See you in Saginaw the first.

More "Morning News" for YOU!

If they're home-invading, auto-thieving, citizen abusing or even peeping-toming [or otherwise Anti-Social Bandits dangerously operating] under the guise of "The Name of The Law" . . .

Recall 'em all, I say.

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2010/06/recall_against_saginaw_county.html

CANNABIS CURES - Without Fears.

FREE the CURE!

And, FREE the PEOPLE - from Tyrannist/Bigots

The HEADLINER:

SAGINAW — Saginaw Township resident David J. Smith’s effort to recall Saginaw County Sheriff William L. Federspiel isn’t just about the sheriff’s decision to drive a seized Ford Mustang GT, Smith says.

The 23-year-old Smith on May 24 filed a petition to recall Federspiel, and the Saginaw County Election Commission on Wednesday approved the clarity of the petition’s wording, allowing Smith to seek signatures in an effort to put the question to voters.

The reason for recall that Smith provides in the petition — a claim that Federspiel violates state law by not always using the Mustang for “official use” — is one of several reasons Smith told The Saginaw News he wanted to include.

Federspiel has driven the Mustang since late January. The car’s doors read “Taken From A Local Drug Dealer,” and the sheriff’s initial reaction to the recall attempt last week was to say it was in response to his “tough stand against drug dealers in this county.”

Chief among Smith’s other reasons to recall Federspiel, Smith said, was the way sheriff’s deputies and federal agents on April 15 raided the Saginaw Township home of Edwyn W. Boyke Jr. Authorities say Boyke, a licensed medical marijuana patient, was violating the state’s 2009 medical marijuana law by having too many plants. They destroyed his growing equipment, which Boyke said was worth $7,000.

Smith claims Federspiel violated state law by serving a federal search warrant, went against protocol in other areas of the state by obtaining all of the plants Boyke was growing instead of those that put him in violation of the law, and extorted $5,000 from Boyke to allow him to receive property that officials seized.

A PUBLIC OUT-CRY:

Here's what "We the PEOPLE HAVE The RIGHT TO KNOW:

Jeff Schrier | The Saginaw News (Thank You, Jeff Schrier and Saginaw News - for a pointedly well stated article)

David J. Smith, 23, of Saginaw Township discusses his recall petition against Saginaw County Sheriff William L. Federspiel with Edwyn W. Boyke Jr., 64, of Saginaw Township. Boyke, who grows medical marijuana, had his home raided by the sheriff's department in April.

Boyke’s Saginaw Township attorney, Thomas L. Frank, negotiated an agreement with Federspiel’s department that Boyke would pay $5,000 to get his property back, Federspiel says. Boyke could have asked a judge to decide if his goods were purchased with the proceeds from drug sales.

Smith labeled the action as an “extortionist policy.”

“The assets were seized without due process,” Smith said. “It’s a fishy process of who actually picks what property to seize.”

Federspiel said he “took offense” to Smith’s claim of extortion.

“You don’t ever call me an extortionist without something to back it up,” the sheriff said. “Mr. Boyke had his due process, and he decided to not go through with that. To use the word extortion in the same sentence as Sheriff Federspiel is beyond appropriate.”

Smith also took issue with Federspiel allowing his wife to ride in the Mustang.

“To pick up his wife, go get dinner and then drop her off, that’s personal use,” Smith said.

Federspiel said he has “citizens in my car all the time.”

“Officers take citizens, their wives, students in their vehicles all the time,” he said.

Federspiel recently transported two Saginaw High School seniors to their pre-prom meeting spot last month in the vehicle, he said.

“I’ve said all along that the Mustang is a tool for education, and my focus is primarily on youth,” Federspiel said. “When the young lady asked me to take her to prom, it tells me we’re being effective.”

Next step

With the election commission’s approval of the recall petition, Smith now has 180 days to collect more than 21,000 signatures in favor of the recall.

The board — county Clerk Susan Kaltenbach, Treasurer Marvin D. Hare and Chief Probate Judge Patrick J. McGraw — voted unanimously during the hearing, intended only for the board members to examine the clarity of the petition and not its accuracy.

Smith now has a 180-day window in which to collect the signatures of at least 25 percent of those who voted in Saginaw County during the last gubernatorial election. According to the Secretary of State, 81,250 people voted in that November 2006 election; 25 percent of that is 21,313.

He must submit the signatures within 90 days of getting the first signature.

Smith said he has a plan in place to collect the signatures. First he will set up a website “to gather base interest,” then organize a “signing bomb” — one event designed to “get people to all sign at once.”

On Tuesday, Smith said, “about 100 people” had contacted him “interested in helping.”

“If they get 200 signatures, that’s 20,000 people,” he said. “Mr. Boyke said he felt he could get 5,000 signatures.”

To get the recall on the November ballot, Smith would have to turn in the required number of signatures by July 30. Wednesday, he said he’d need about 30 days to set up the website and “get people together,” which would leave him less than a month to get the signatures.

If he doesn’t make the July 30 deadline but gathers enough signatures, the recall likely then would go on the February ballot. Such an election, because the February election date often goes by without any elections or proposals, would cost the county about $80,000, said county Deputy Clerk Theressa Zolton.

The sheriff said such a cost is detrimental to Saginaw County, where County Controller and Chief Administrative Officer Marc A. McGill is proposing 51 job reductions as part of $3.3 million in cuts. Federspiel’s department could bear the brunt of those cuts, with a $1.2 million reduction and the loss of 10.5 road patrol deputies, three detectives and two patrol sergeants.

“That cost equates to almost one deputy for an entire year,” Federspiel said. “It blows my mind that I’m driving this Mustang around to save taxpayers money and this person is trying to get me recalled because I’m trying to save taxpayers money, and he’s going to cost them $80,000.”

With the county in dire economic straits, Smith asked, “Why is the sheriff driving around an expensive vehicle?”

“Why not sell it? That would pay for a position,” Smith said.

Federspiel said if he sold the Mustang, he could only use the proceeds on education — “which the Mustang is,” he said — or a drug detective. With the potential losses the department faces, the sheriff said, it would be “irresponsible to hire a deputy who just did drug investigations.”

Smith remained confident that Federspiel will be recalled.

“We have a very good chance,” he said. “There are a lot of people who are passionate about this who are willing to go the extra mile.”

Federspiel said if he sold the Mustang, he could only use the proceeds on education — “which the Mustang is,” he said - or a drug detective. With the potential losses the department faces, the sheriff said, it would be “irresponsible to hire a deputy who just did drug investigations.”

{OH,YES, HE DID SAY THAT!}

And, for the "Rest of the Story" along with some relatively "Lively" comments to the newsworthy story, here's that link, once again:

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2010/06/recall_against_saginaw_county.html

{Hmm . . we may not help but to wonder - You mean like the kind of "education" someone claims to be offering coeds on Prom night?!}

Like most any compassionate person, I do hate to have to sound so, well, . . . p'd off - but, this is exactly the kind of self-deluded BS that does "Tick" me off!

And, I'd say, I'm not the only one. [please, see comment section of the story]

Like any Advocate for a worthy cause, I'm not much of a follower; And I'm certainly not in need, much less in want, of any human "leader"; But, if I was looking for a worthy canditate to help us to win the "WAR on People's FREEDOMS," I'd say that Mr.Smith, as we can see, certainly has the b*lls of brass to get the job done!

Hat's off to Mr. Smith.

I may live about a half a thousand miles to far away from Saginaw to vote to have the "Government Authorized" [as opposed to Citizen Petitioned] self-professed "doctor/teacher/LEO" recalled, but, if there's any way at all for Michigan's Upper Peninsula patient-residents like me to provide help from Upper Michigan, all you have to do is ask.

And, I really have to say on more thing:

"Thank you, Jeff Schrier - for a VERY WELL STATED ARTICLE! Certainly, here, I see no "Yellow" at all in your well-portrayed story, and, I feel, you've sufficiently captured the heart of our CRITICAL CONCERNS and UNIVERSAL FRUSTRARATIONS WE ALL FEEL [AS A FREEDOM-LOVING COMMUNITY OF COMPASSIONATE INDIVIDUALS.

So, Thank YOU! [again, and again . .]

Keep on Fightin' [to WIN] the Good Fight!

to . . "FREE the CURE!"

Archived