Cluster Headaches

I currently suffer from cluster headaches (sometimes called a suicide headache because of the pain). You can read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_headache

Thankfully the episodes are not all that frequent, but when it happens, the pain is so strong you black out. I have collapsed in the shower as a result of an attack. I've had MRI's done, and do not have an aneurysm or anything like that. The last episode I had lasted for quite a while, requiring a hospital trip and steroid injections (though to be honest, I don't remember what the actual injection was, since I was in so much pain).

Is this a qualifying condition? I have been to the hospital multiple times for it. I have a deadly allergy to opiates, so it limits what painkillers I can take.

Studies have been done showing THC can abort a cluster headache within a few minutes: http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7817

Since this is a time in which I get them more often, I'd like to do something about it sooner than later. Because this isn't one of the listed conditions, I'm not sure though. Any advice? Thanks for any help.

Yes it will help!

I have a patient who suffers from Migraines and we

are just trying Simpson Oil for their headaches as they

can't smoke (if they cough when smoking they feel like

their head is going to explode) and also appetite is shot

when having a episode so eating is out.

Best bets for headaches I think are Simpson Oil as it can

be taken in a pill, eaten with something or simply rubbed

on your gums.

Hard candies are also GREAT if you can find someone who makes

them with kief/hash and makes potent ones. Right now I am trying

to find someone who makes good hard candies (HELP!)

You would qualify as well for pain due to your headaches, you just

want to find a sympathetic Dr.

If you give us an idea what area you are in I am certain someone can

point you to a Dr to consult.

Welcome to the board and I hope you find help in easing your pain.

I to suffer with C/H that last up to a month at a time, If you have Dr. visits for your headaches,you may use thru CRONIC PAIN. This is not how I got mine,( its for HEP-C) Its true that if you catch it at onset,this BEAUTIFUL MEDICINE will releve your headaches. hope this helps, GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS..............

Thanks for the great responses. I am in Southeast Michigan, in the suburbs of Detroit. It would be great if someone could suggest a doctor. Mine doesn't seem all that interested in this route.

One of the biggest things is, because of my opiate allergy, I can't even take Tylenol 3.

Guest finallyfree09

Thanks for the great responses. I am in Southeast Michigan, in the suburbs of Detroit. It would be great if someone could suggest a doctor. Mine doesn't seem all that interested in this route.

One of the biggest things is, because of my opiate allergy, I can't even take Tylenol 3.

I feel for ya. i too am allergic to opiates. not as severely as you though. i just get itchy all over and start getting a rash. i had surgery 3 yrs ago and had to take pills for a couple weeks and scratched myself bloody. not only can i not take opiates but i also cant take acetaminophen. makes my heart pound REALLY hard which in turn makes me dizzy... not to mention the fact that having your heart pound out of your chest all at once is pretty scary. all i can take is motrin amd it doesn't take long to build up an immunity to that when you eat it like candy.

mmj will help you. find a dr, get legal, and start living again! ;)

Gus I would go to the MMMCC michigan medical marijuana certification center. They qualified me for my headaches. I wanted it for my asthma but michigan does not use that condition. Chronic pain is a qualifiying condition here. I get tons of headaches that only tons of caffiene and time will get rid of. This is because of my inhalers so if I can keep off inhalers for the most part I should be good. So yes headaches will qualify you if you have medical records of this. It sounds like you have medical records. Good luck. By the time your legal I will be growing something will help with this condition. keep in touch and I will try and help you out with out breaking your bank ;)

Gus I would go to the MMMCC michigan medical marijuana certification center. They qualified me for my headaches. I wanted it for my asthma but michigan does not use that condition. Chronic pain is a qualifiying condition here. I get tons of headaches that only tons of caffiene and time will get rid of. This is because of my inhalers so if I can keep off inhalers for the most part I should be good. So yes headaches will qualify you if you have medical records of this. It sounds like you have medical records. Good luck. By the time your legal I will be growing something will help with this condition. keep in touch and I will try and help you out with out breaking your bank ;)

I hardly have to use my asthma inhaler at all since i got on my meds for chronic pain its great!

Sounds great, thanks for the advice. I've started the process and hopefully will be good soon. I appreciate all the responses from everyone here.

I currently suffer from cluster headaches (sometimes called a suicide headache because of the pain). You can read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_headache

Thankfully the episodes are not all that frequent, but when it happens, the pain is so strong you black out. I have collapsed in the shower as a result of an attack. I've had MRI's done, and do not have an aneurysm or anything like that. The last episode I had lasted for quite a while, requiring a hospital trip and steroid injections (though to be honest, I don't remember what the actual injection was, since I was in so much pain).

Is this a qualifying condition? I have been to the hospital multiple times for it. I have a deadly allergy to opiates, so it limits what painkillers I can take.

Studies have been done showing THC can abort a cluster headache within a few minutes: http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7817

Since this is a time in which I get them more often, I'd like to do something about it sooner than later. Because this isn't one of the listed conditions, I'm not sure though. Any advice? Thanks for any help.

I know a cpl people that get it for chronic head aches.So yes, you can get it for chronic headaches, it is pain.

Archived