Ypsilanti Township Ordinance Mobilization

Ypsi Township is about to pass an ordinance that is in blatant violation of both the MMMA and the Michigan Right to Farm Act.

They propose that no residential area can have any "nursery" for cannabis. Even for the patient alone.

They propose to amend the MMMA by prohibiting some of its conventions.

More later as I read the ordinance and get details as to final passage.

I m buying a house there and intend to fight this ordinance alone if I need to

I have a few lawyers to call right now

Hey dutch last I heard at the May 18th meeting the ordinance was tabled for future consideration. Thats what I read in the minutes from that meeting. Have you heard recent news regarding this or no? It was supposed to come back up but I dont know when. Any info would be appreciated and believe me I will be fighting it also. But remember this is a zoning violation not a criminal violation. Fine and then a time frame is given to comply. I don't think it would hold up in court, especially if it was at a private residence.

Hey dutch last I heard at the May 18th meeting the ordinance was tabled for future consideration. Thats what I read in the minutes from that meeting. Have you heard recent news regarding this or no? It was supposed to come back up but I dont know when. Any info would be appreciated and believe me I will be fighting it also. But remember this is a zoning violation not a criminal violation. Fine and then a time frame is given to comply. I don't think it would hold up in court, especially if it was at a private residence.

talking to lawyers next week. Left a message with ordinance officer and a cop calls me back

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived