600W And Under Tent Growers Unite

urminutegot

I have been perp growing with single plants. I use a Secret Jardin DR80 with a 400w Hortilux Eye HPS, 400w Galaxy ballast. Growing Orange bud, Sensi Seeds Cream Caramel, and Dutch Passion Blueberry. I put each one in 1 week after the plant before it. It is pretty sweet to harvest one plant a week, but when you use different strains it can get crowded at some points. Also, there is the confusion with nutrients. you have to make us such small batches of nuted up water for each plant that the opportunity to f up is huge. In the future, I am doing a perp setup with at least 3 plants in each stage. Continuous meds and always something to do. Keeps it interesting and you are always involved with every stage of the plant. But like I said before, it seems that it could get tedious at times.

This is my first grow ever and my orange bud yielded about 2 oz's, my cream caramel looks like it will yield a little over a zip, and my blueberry is 1 week out. Now I have moved in 3 sour diesels to begin increasing my perp plant numbers.

Also, I upgraded my light to a 600w phantom digital ballast, running a Hortilux Eye through a 6" cool tube. I am going switch out lights soon. Will the increase from 400-600w in the middle of a grow f anything up?

Pics up soon of the choice buds. Nothing is huge but all buds are EXTREMELY respectable and coated in triches.

Guest thequietone

I just swapped my lights from 400 to 600 and the plants love it. I didn't notice anything negative from the switch. but the buds seemed to double in size over night.

Guest thequietone

I went in 10 minutes before the light cycle was due to come on and swapped them. Had everything done by the time the light was suppose to come on so there was no interruption in the light cycle. They were 2 weeks into flowering when I made the switch to the new light. You shouldn't have any problems so I would be switching to the bigger light soon.

I routinely get 2 lbs a harvest from a 4 x 8 sun hut, 2 600 w hps bulbs, and 12 dutch passion Blue Berry plant. I highly recommend grow tents, and 600 w bulbs for use in them. i got another now for vegging and a grow lab tent for cloning. they are great. isolation, reflection, and total control. good luck.

Thanks all! Tuesday I am making the switch. That is exactly the setup I am looking for. After these diesels finish in the DR80 I am going to invest in a Secret Jardin DR150 and rock out one more harvest with my 600w phantom. Then reinvest and boost up to more 600's... AAAAHHH to dream. How are your DP Blueberry's doin? Mine seemed to frost up super early. TONS of crystals.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:: I have my 600 watt phantom rolling at 75% now to keep the temps in order. Here is a picture of the Blueberry I grew. Second plant ever! Oh yeah, I snapped the thing in half when a carbon filter fell on it. Kinda sucked but still got an oz

IMGP6421.jpg

IMGP6413.jpg

IMGP6397.jpg

IMGP6398.jpg

Archived