I Live 400Ft From A Public School! Can Me And My Mother Grow Our Meds?... Where Not Cargivers!

dent58

OK lets see if PEOPLE FREEK OUT ON ME with this post.....LOL IM FIZZZUCKING WITH YOU ALL MMMA!!

NO really .... Im building my GM now and it will house 24 plants..... mine and my mothers plants im takeing care of mine and she taking care of hers..... were not caregivers.... just growing for our self's.... should I worry???? I need a lawer or some one with that info to help me out!! ......and thank you! MMMA

Our new law says that you can't have mmj at the school.

So as long as you don't intend to grow on school property, then the rest of the law applies to you.

In other words, I believe you are legal.

Just don't roll any blunts on the school bus, OK?

edit .. I gotta edit this ..

There are some people somewhere that might use this as an excuse to raid your house. Keep everything as if it is illegal. Tell no body etc.

Our new law says that you can't have mmj at the school.

So as long as you don't intend to grow on school property, then the rest of the law applies to you.

In other words, I believe you are legal.

Just don't roll any blunts on the school bus, OK?

edit .. I gotta edit this ..

There are some people somewhere that might use this as an excuse to raid your house. Keep everything as if it is illegal. Tell no body etc.

THATS THE WAY I TAKE THE LAW AS WELL!!!!!:

LOOSE LIPS SINKS SHIPS!!!! peanutbutter..... and I DONT SHARE WITH THE KIDIES....LOL!!! SHOOT.... everyone of my "OLD FRIENDS" are hatters.... and mad couse i Quit smoking with anyone that is NOT!! A registered medical marijuana patient...if its not by the law im NOT DOING IT!!! ....anyone else got anything to say about this?

post-13838-020269800 1279519126_thumb.jpg

The other thing that I have been thinking on the subject of local ordinances is that they have no teeth or a very small bite. Typically you might be in violation of a zoning ordinance. they are civil infractions with a fine for every day you are in violation after they let you know you are in violation. So, if your grow gets busted shut it down pay a one day fine and go about your life.

Tell no one and stay within the law.

The other thing that I have been thinking on the subject of local ordinances is that they have no teeth or a very small bite. Typically you might be in violation of a zoning ordinance. they are civil infractions with a fine for every day you are in violation after they let you know you are in violation. So, if your grow gets busted shut it down pay a one day fine and go about your life.

Tell no one and stay within the law.

Ditto!!!!

Ditto!!!!

I once had a wise man ..... my mentor tell me that!!! lol BDR WHATS ??? BIG PAPA LOL thats my bigist worry that the city ord. will get me ..... but if thes not crime but rether a fine ....SWEET!!! .... HOLLA AT ME BDR!!!... AND GOOD AWSERS GUY'ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ THANKS!!

The whole issue of being within 1000 feet of a school worries me as the MMMP website states in the FAQ's section, that you should contact a lawyer if you are withing 1000 feet of a school.

The fact that they specify 1000 feet and referring people directly to a lawyer tells me that there is a good probability that it is illegal even as patients and caregivers.

I have been told by Rev. Steven from MINORML that MM is legal in the whole state. I am assuming that he means that the state law is the same in every county. I really have my doubts about this, because I have heard of people going to Lansing and Detroit to visit dispensaries. There are other counties that have moratoriums in place that are blocking dispensaries, however the moratoriums do not change the patient/caregiver laws. I am not sure what is truly legal and I really do not want to spend a fortune on a lawyer.

If anyone has any solid information regarding the different ordinances/moratoriums that are in place from county to county in the state of Michigan, I would really appreciate it. I want to make certain that I am on a 100% legal path.

My non-lawyer interpretation:

Drug free school zone laws generally speaking double sentences and fines if you are caught with illegal drugs in those zones. If properly registered (and some will argue even if not) the growing of medical marijuana is not a crime. If no primary crime was committed, then there is no sentence or fine to double.

Think of it like construction zones on the highway...sure there are increased penalties (sentences) if caught breaking the traffic law, you're fine is doubled. However, no primary offense means no sentence to double.

again I'm not an attorney, but this is my understanding of how this works.

are the drug free zones mandated by federal or state law?

I would think that if it's federally mandated, then you would be breaking federal law by growing within 1000 feet of a school, whereas if it is state law, then (correct me if I'm wrong PB)there is a rider in the bill that states that the mmj law overrides any existing law that would hinder the legal use of MMJ.

I'll look it up when I get home, but I'm sure PB will beat me to it with the exact wording.

• 1 month later...

are the drug free zones mandated by federal or state law?

I would think that if it's federally mandated, then you would be breaking federal law by growing within 1000 feet of a school, whereas if it is state law, then (correct me if I'm wrong PB)there is a rider in the bill that states that the mmj law overrides any existing law that would hinder the legal use of MMJ.

I'll look it up when I get home, but I'm sure PB will beat me to it with the exact wording.

Both federal and State law provide for doubling the penalty for growing in a certain distance of a school (I think it's 500 feet).

The MMM (State) provides a defense to the underlying offense and thus to the doubling- (2 times 0 is still a dismissal).

Federal law is NOT affected by the MMM exemption. I think it is possible in the future the feds may target grows near schools so be careful!

Archived