Seeds From Hermied Plant

fuzzybuds

Just wondered if anyones tried growing them or just pitched them. Had one started from seed and had extremely distinctive female characteristics but didnt want to take a chance. I veg 24-7 and flower 12-12 . Any info would be appreciated. I have 3 started from seed now but will be about 3 weeks before i can sex them.

Like anything else, I suppose it depends on whether you really liked her, or not. And possibly whether your plant herm'd under stress conditions, or if it's a natural part of her lineage. Either way and all things considered, if you liked her, keep her going. You just might find something truly wonderful. :) Even if it's in her lineage, there are some really good medicine that carries this trait, so as long as the grower understands this, it's all good.

Like anything else, I suppose it depends on whether you really liked her, or not. And possibly whether your plant herm'd under stress conditions, or if it's a natural part of her lineage. Either way and all things considered, if you liked her, keep her going. You just might find something truly wonderful. :) Even if it's in her lineage, there are some really good medicine that carries this trait, so as long as the grower understands this, it's all good.

just dont want it pollenating the rest of the room. I still have alot to learn about growing. Just an amature here. thanks for the response

Yeah, I must have totally missed that part. lol You can pluck the male flowers off and spray down the rest with water mist to neutralize any pollen if those flowers open. But chances are if they have already, your going to get a room full of seeds. Misting might help minimize the seed count, but I don't know how long it takes for the plant to ingest the pollen and trigger the seed response. If you can, move her out of there. I don't think I could do it with the equipment I have, but if you can it might be interesting. Of course, it's already sounding like a huge pain in the arse. lol Just trying to help out, I'm new at all of this too.

a hermi trait is a hermi trait

Good luck with a harvest if caught early enough but for the most part the seeds and guano to me. The trait will carry on to the next generation so I stop the breeding there.

a hermi trait is a hermi trait

Good luck with a harvest if caught early enough but for the most part the seeds and guano to me. The trait will carry on to the next generation so I stop the breeding there.

dude what do u think half the quote un quote Feminized seeds are out on the market..LOL...DUH HERMIE POLLEN..!! Call it a fancy word and process but stress out a dope as female and see what happens to the offspring....almost all Females maybe a few herm traits...in the offspring but that is what Feminized seeds basically are...!

Yep they are and that is why I don't use Fem seeds for any type of breeding.

Selfed or S1's are also stressed to make clone only seeds and then they add the hermi trait to a good strain.

I have grown hermied seeds and had no more problem with them than any other seed. If you are careful and don't stress them they(at least the ones I have done) don't grow a bunch of seeds automatically like almost everyone here seems to think. A 1 time stressful situation to a plant doesn't automatically get into the plants genetics causing them to hermie all the time. I would go ahead and grow them, being a little more cautious this time about stressing them. Also If you are watching the plants closely you can catch them before the "naners" open and do cause more seeds, usually the nanners are on a single bud by themselves and are easily seen and pinched off.

I started about 30 seeds from a hermie crop, and out of those got 4 real nice pure females. They were nice enough that I wish I had taken clones. They finished off like this after 8 weeks of feeding at incorrect ph and resultant nutrient lockout problems:

gallery_4966_14_32911.jpg

So I had about a 15% success rate with my hermie seeds...

Archived