18 Years Old, Can I Grow My Own?

Kushish

(g) "Primary caregiver" means a person who is at least 21 years old and who has agreed to assist with a patient's medical use of marihuana and who has never been convicted of a felony involving illegal drugs.

i assume this to mean that you must be 21 years old to be a caregiver. i have never seen anything in the laws regarding patient age and growing. IMO you are fine to grow if you have your patient card and you are growing for yourself only. of course im not a lawyer, i just read the laws :)

(h) "Qualifying patient" means a person who has been diagnosed by a physician as having a debilitating medical condition.

i see no age requirements to be a patient, nor any age requirements to grow in this definition.

and here is the term "qualifying patient" in the law itself:

Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the qualifying patient possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana, and, if the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility. Any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots shall also be allowed under state law and shall not be included in this amount.

Here is the section that you were looking for:

section 6 (b) The department shall not issue a registry identification card to a qualifying patient who is under the age of 18 unless:

(1) The qualifying patient's physician has explained the potential risks and benefits of the medical use of marihuana to the qualifying patient and to his or her parent or legal guardian;

(2) The qualifying patient's parent or legal guardian submits a written certification from 2 physicians; and

(3) The qualifying patient's parent or legal guardian consents in writing to:

(A) Allow the qualifying patient's medical use of marihuana;

(B) Serve as the qualifying patient's primary caregiver; and

© Control the acquisition of the marihuana, the dosage, and the frequency of the medical use of marihuana by the qualifying patient.

If someone is under 18 then some different rules apply. For instance only the parents can be a caregiver for the child. Another example is that there needs to be two doctors statements.

Archived