Country Growing

countryj

Just saw a post about someone else who was wondering about collecting the water from the AC unit and using that to water the plants. That is exactly what I have been doing since it got warmer and I've had no more hard water problems. Although, I do put in some cal/mg in with my water but just a tad when they need it.

I right around you.... Get a stealth 100 or 200 Reverse Osmosis machine and you will have NO problems. that is all you need and a little cal mag. You can also use de-humidifier water, but make sure you clean it regularly so no algae and gunk builds up. You might also need a pressure booster pump for the RO machine if you are on well water and if your water pressure is under 40 psi.

good luck. I love this area.... In the surrounding 30 min we got 4 grow shops... and 3 fast food places! my kind of area.

I think you need to test the water first to really know. I have two wells where my grow is. One is an older hand-dug well, and the other is newer and deeper. The old one puts out water at 250-300 ppm according to my meter, and the new one puts out water at around 100ppm. Both numbers sound fine, but after experimenting I've found my plants are happier with the water out of the newer, cleaner well.

You definitely don't want any added system like a water softener -- it will just add stuff to your water that the plants won't like.

Archived