Grow Box

Tommy217xxx

Anyone have any advice on a good wood or metal box? I'm thinkin prob 48" long X 36" tall X 36" wide. I'm thinkin my best bet is probably gonna be to make a box outta ply wood and some 2X4's.

From G3LLO Posted Yesterday, 05:27 PM

I am building my new room right now... I got 10x50 Panda Film from my local grow shop for $50, built a frame out of 2x4's and made a 6x6 Flower a 6x4 Flower room and a 4x4 Veg Cabinet.... 2x4's, hinges for doors, and panada film all for right under $100. I am renting so building permanent rooms wasn't an option. Good luck with the build!

I just built one(about 90% done) that is 70" Tall x 50" Wide x 30" Deep. I used 2x4's and 1/2" smooth particle board. Im running an 8 bulb T5 in the main veg section and putting in 4 2" T5's in my clone/mother section. The third section has a resevoir for my drainage water and a seperate box for the eletrical. I'm going to exhaust it with a 6" axial fan and 4 2" passive intakes directed by black pvc.

The biggest downside that I can see is that it is nearly unmovable. I can barely move it, it must weigh like 300 lbs and has 2 boxes of screws in it. Im also curious to see what kind of temps I am going to get, Im not going to be able to put the T5 2 inches from the plant any more thats for sure.

Im not really sure about the lighting. I have 4 48" t-8 lights that are just layin around. I'm thinkin about mounting 3 of the lights on the top of box. Another option that Im thinkin about is buying like 4 of the 150 watt cfl bulbs and fixtures from home depot. If I do that then I won't need to make the box 48" anymore b/c I was originally designing the box around my existing t-8 lights.

Archived