Downtime And Lost Posts?

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Basically LansingAreaCaregiver said it all. The new host (the host we're on now) had the data base for 1:14pm yesterday (though I think I said in notice 1:48). That data base was used to make this mirror. So any post that was made after 1:14 yesterday till this site came back online is gone.

Because of the way our old host was set up a command line transfer of the db at the last minute wasn't possible. We actually didn't even have access to our own data bases, but luckily this IPB software allows us to back up and make mysql queries via the back end. So I used that backup for the site mirror.

As far as the DNS transfer, it was supposed to be a transition so fast the site wasn't down. But problems with the new nameservers ensued and I'm not really sure what all happened in that. But the sites back now, and looks like the higher-ups got the domain name issues figured out.

Everything should be fine from here out.

Best

Guest Medicinal Patient

Whew! The site was only down for a few hrs an I missed it. Thanks for all your hard work Garfield. I truly appreciate it. :goodjob:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Well we've had to change servers again. Not companies mind you but just servers. We tried a shared hosting account only to find we had to much traffic for it. So Joe had me set up a mirror on the new server. The db I used was from 6:30pm yesterday. It takes nearly 3.5 hours to upload the data base for this because its so big. Over 300mb. So anyways, we did this yesterday only to find we had an "a entry" problem when Joe switched over the dns last night, so he re-did our dns to the shared account.

Till we get this straightened out there are going to be some post loss at some point. Propegation of the name server can (though rarely does) take up to 48 hours, which is going to suck.

You'll just have to bare with us.

Best

Archived