Ronco Food Dehydrator

drying dosnt take 3 weeks, curing might though. The mexicans just prop it up against the side of a shack and let it bake in the sun. Takes a few days and its ready for packaging. Seems to work ok for them.

Now if you want to slowly sweat the moisture from the middle of the bud then a slower dry might be neccesary. Most people do this hanging or bagging until the outside of the bud is dry. Then place the bud in a jar no more than 2/3ish full and not compacted. You will need to open the jar to let out moisture periodically, more often at first when the bud is wetter. If it gets to wet then you might want to take it out of the jar and let it dry a little to deter mold.

A correct cure will help to bring out smell and taste of the bud. Longer cures may be used but 2-3 weeks after the chop is usualy sufficient.

If this question is retarded forgive me, I've read drying can take up to 3 weeks, I'm wondering if a ronco food dehydrator would speed the process? Or is this a nono and why? Thank you.

When it comes to drying and curing, the rule of thumb is SLOWER IS BETTER, which also means longer curing is better.

One of the big reason is that there are still processes going on in the buds even after cutting and during drying and curing. Ever smoked some bud that tasted like fresh grass clippings? That is from not drying and curing properly.

It works ok to keep you in meds but dont dry it all that way. A slow dry/cure brings a smoother more platable product. Once it's dried in about 10 days it will cure for about a month. This really brings out the flavors. It is very important when drying to keep the air moving to prevent bud mold, even more important now with the high humidity we have had this summer. I like to line dry for about 6 days and than brown bag it until it is ready for jars. I dont put in jars with any moisture at all, I dont have time to burp them every day, and after all that work you sure don't want to ruin your product by mildew smell or taste.

dehydrators use heat. you might as well put your buds in the oven or microwave. heat is the enemy, unless your smoking! dry them for a week in a cool dark area then cure slowly in jars, burping daily. only way to go

I had some blue cheese buds that after curing for 2 weeks u wouldnt believe the taste and potency hike, unreal it is the only way 2 go

Archived