Just How Many Plants Can I Grow Per Paitents

bigdogbolog

i am a little confused as to how many plants i amallowed to have. one person told me 12 flowering, 12 veg., and 12 starts per paitent. another tells me 12 ROOTED plants per paitent. can someone out there help me to stay within the law.

Oh come on! Read the laws and listen! 12 per patient period. Welcome newbie!

Guest Wayne

cuttings that havent rooted yet also count towards your 12

This has yet to be determined by the courts. Kalkaska County jury accepted expert testimony from MSU's head of biology/botany that clippings aren't plants until they develop a viable root system. MCL gives a different definition under existing marujuana laws. Still all up in the air as far as the new law. Unfortunately gonna take a test case and appelate rulings.

12 plants period

You risk getting arrested by having anything that has roots over each patients count theres even been instances where leo has counted cuttings i keep my garden at 12 plants period no clones no cuttings i only do clones when i harvest and i know ill have the room under my count .

Isn't the question, When is LEO entitled to inspect your garden and take a plant count? I see no such concept in the law , I have asked a couple of MMJ lawyers and they affirmed that when you show your card the assumption should then become that you have marijuana for medical purpose ,end of story, none of their business, no further questions, be on your way . That's where we need to be. Of course we should not flaunt or be careless with our use of MMJ

Isn't the question, When is LEO entitled to inspect your garden and take a plant count? I see no such concept in the law , I have asked a couple of MMJ lawyers and they affirmed that when you show your card the assumption should then become that you have marijuana for medical purpose ,end of story, none of their business, no further questions, be on your way . That's where we need to be. Of course we should not flaunt or be careless with our use of MMJ

If only it were that easy. :mellow:

Guest Wayne

Show them your card, refuse entry. Next moves up to them. Inspections are expressly prohibited. Make 'em get a warrant and kick the door in. Inconvenient? You bet, but clear evidence of their intent. Stand up for your rights.

Guest Wayne

This is true Matt Abel sent Brad an email after talking to the state police or some other agency that all plants including clones need to be accounted for.

This issue was introduced by the Tuscola County prosecutor during a pre-trial hearing when Matt was representing a friend of mine. I understand Matt's advice and would not refute his opinion. But it is just his opinion. Not precedent as applicable to our new law. The jury in Archie's trial gave weight to expert testimony. Would a judge do the same? Yet to be seen. But still not enforceable precedent. Should I be placed in a position to defend myself against these charges I would go with the botanical expert as applicable to the MMA statute. So proceed as you feel comfortable.

Archived