Pruning Plants After 6Th Week Of Budding

Brifrey40

i am first time grower,i have some beautiful plants, but not sure if i should prune leaves ect before i start to flush and cut, or should i wait until harvist to prune. i have been told to prune 1-2 weeks before harvest to increase thc amounts, any thoughts to help out a rookie...lol

i am first time grower,i have some beautiful plants, but not sure if i should prune leaves ect before i start to flush and cut, or should i wait until harvist to prune. i have been told to prune 1-2 weeks before harvest to increase thc amounts, any thoughts to help out a rookie...lol

DON'T DO IT!!! same as what bubble said, it will probably also increase there flower time by at least a few days

i make a point to not stress the plant at all during the final few weeks.

IMO if you hack off branches now, the plant will switch its focus to healing and not THC production. the exact opposite of what you want.

i saw anouther caregiver remove all large leaves for last two weeks and only had buds on plant does this do anything or is it shock the plant?

i saw anouther caregiver remove all large leaves for last two weeks and only had buds on plant does this do anything or is it shock the plant

If you read some cannabis forums you would find people telling you why removing the leaves helps but...

Talk to a horticulturist and he/she will tell you not to, because the large fan leaves are not "sucker leaves" at all. They are capable of producing simple and complex carbos that contribute to new growth. Also in no way is cutting a larger fan leaf so the smaller ones can get more light a sound practice. A bigger leaf = more photon receptors = more energy production.

keeping lush green foliage until harvest will promote more bud growth then any pruning technique

If you read some cannabis forums you would find people telling you why removing the leaves helps but...

Talk to a horticulturist and he/she will tell you not to, because the large fan leaves are not "sucker leaves" at all. They are capable of producing simple and complex carbos that contribute to new growth. Also in no way is cutting a larger fan leaf so the smaller ones can get more light a sound practice. A bigger leaf = more photon receptors = more energy production.

keeping lush green foliage until harvest will promote more bud growth then any pruning technique

thank you

Archived