3+ Months And No Card Yet?

Hello!

My husband and I both suffered spinal-cord injuries, on top of this, He has Fibromyalgia and Aspergers Syndrome.. and I have High BP.

We Applied for our Cards back in May through a Med Clinic.They handled our applications and fees, and gave us reciepts....

The Applications + fee's were accepted by the State (I assume so anyway- since they cashed our checks)but we never heard anything at all... acceted or denied....and no cards.

When I ask our clinic about this, they say not to worry, that the State is "Just very Backed up"... but THIS long?

Should I be worried that maybe the clinic didn't send-in our application and fee's?

Is our Paperwork and cashed check REALLY the same as a card LEGALLY?

HELP!

We're Getting Worried!!

Guest Medicinal Patient

Welcome to the boards. After 20 days your paperwork is considered your card. You should have the plastic in the next few weeks! Below is section 9 b of the law.

(b) If the department fails to issue a valid registry identification card in response to a valid application or renewal submitted pursuant to this act within 20 days of its submission, the registry identification card shall be deemed granted, and a copy of the registry identification application or renewal shall be deemed a valid registry identification card.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/%28S%28aftnjtv2oowxu155s1xjb445%29%29/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-333-26429

Heya,welcome to MMMA!

Folks here have been posting when they received there and when there check was cashed. According to the latest post, they are getting cards out to people who's check had been cashed in April.

Mine was cashed April 8th but no card yet... So if you where to the clinic round the end of May, you should be getting your card soon.

Should I be worried that maybe the clinic didn't send-in our application and fee's?

Is our Paperwork and cashed check REALLY the same as a card LEGALLY?

HELP!

We're Getting Worried!!

If you have your "Cashed Check", I would assume that the clinic did in fact send in your paperwork. Otherwise....why would your check be cashed?

I would just sit tight and wait like the rest of us. I hear they're pretty backed up. The paperwork is legal.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived