Michigan House Bill Would Ban Marihuana Clubs

mremre

My letter to Rep Jones. He may not respond to out of district Michigan citizen's so if anyone in his district would like to send this as their own please fell free to do so and press his office for answers.

Dear Representative Jones,

Would your office be kind enough to send me all government statistics you are aware of for driving under the influence of cannabis resulting in death. I am, surprisingly, having a hard time finding statistics linking cannabis to automotive fatalaties. It was quite easy finding drunk driving fatality statistics as recently as 2008, when The Century Coucil reported 11,773 fatalities in Michigan. Given that those 11,773 people died in Michigan as a result of citizen's getting behind the wheel of a deadly machine, obviously without intervention from law enforcement, at a time when Michigan has some of the toughest drunk driving laws in the country, shouldn't absolute measures be taken to assure this can not continue to happen? If despite law enforcement intervention 11,773 people died because citizens can legally drink in government licensed business establishments to the point of legal intoxication and still get behind the wheel of a deadly weapon and obviously kill innocents, do we not have to take whatever measures are necessary to stop this? Including closing these dangerous establishments? Or will you continue to defend their right to create this deadly set of circumstances while innocent Michigan citizen's and their children continue to be needlessly murdered?

Would you also be kind enough to respond to my concern for, and your responsibilty to, our fellow Michiganders?

P.S. Let us not forget the fallen of alcoholism, like my father, and those that will continue to die.

Thanks Rev. When my blood pressure isn't boiling over I can be quite insightful, but my sometimes irrational rants are a necessity on my road to better understanding. It gets better with time.

The way I see it, the only way we are going to get protection is on a FEDERAL level. Officials will continue to say "it is illegal on a federal level"...

How can that get changed? Only 1 way to do that, make your voice heard!

Send a letter to the president! Don't be afraid to be put on a "list" because we are ALL already on a "list"! I guarantee that!

If we do not speak up for our rights, things will not only never change but they will continue to get worse with the discrimination as well as the unreasonable searches and seizures..

Emailing the president about medical marijuana laws does NOT give them the right to search your house or bust in your door.. Having a medical marijuana card does NOT give probably cause to search your vehicle.. Same goes with a concealed pistol license - it does NOT mean you are carrying at the time and it does NOT give the LEO the right to search you to see if you have it or not.. That is violation of the 4th amendment!

Do you think the state hasn't given our info to the feds when we register for the program? Do you think you are safer by not standing up for your rights, or will standing up for your rights and making our voices heard will change things for the better?

My wife told me that they are trying to extend bar hours till 4am. Don't we have enough drunks out past 2:30, am I to go to work at 4:30 only to get hit by some drunk. The Government ignores any studies done on driving. I read about a study done in Amsterdam that used Medical Marijuana from Mississipi given to them by the US Government and they gave them 2 joints to smoke and they found very little effect. Slowed driving time , cautious, not passing until it looked clear, all these points don't sound like someone out to do harm while driving. The other comments are right there are no just marijuana accidents reported that I've found.

And the thing about a club letting people smoke, out of about 20 million people that smoke in this country you tell me none have driven after smoking, so where are the accidents. According to Jones thoughts we should have at least 10% to 15% fatalities from marijuana with that many people smoking it. This is just fear mongering amongst the few elitist that believe the old tales of demonizing and criminal behaviour. It couldn't be farther from the truth. What about the other clubs as mentioned earlier, VFW, they get trashed been there, K of C been there they get wasted, and at these clubs there are no bartenders to notice how drunk you are so you can drive home by yourself. not to mention all the places that put on weddings where everyone gets trashed and drive, not many designated drivers there. Plus if he were to attend a club with smokers he might find some of them come with a driver because they can't drive, but they like going for a little companionship and friendly talk, which is good, takes your mind off the problems at hand.

Archived