Ventilatoin Help

jonh420

ok i have a 5 x 4 sealed air tight room.i have a 1000 watt air cooled hood ,sucking fresh cool air and venting the heat outside i want to add a carbon filter and want fresh air to come in the room .i am planning on running duct work from carbon filter to a inline fan then outside .so how can i get fresh air in the room.do i just put duct work coming into the room from a vent in the attic with no fan. will the air sucking through the carbon filter be enough to draw fresh air from the vent in the attic or do i need to add another inline fan to that duct as well.any advice would be helpful

Get a big CFM 8" fan I am guessing your hood is a 6" put a duct reducer on the fan and set the carbon filter on the floor pull the air through the carbon filter and push it through the hood out the room. Here is a picture of how mine looks, it works miracle my room never gets over 77, when the lights on its at 70 at night and this is in an upstairs bedroom. Run another big CFM fan pushing your intake into the room and your good to go.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/gallery/image/2433-018jpg/

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/gallery/image/2434-020jpg/

This is the fan right here and I need a speedster to turn it down it blows so hard.

http://cgi.ebay.com/8-INLINE-FAN-EXHAUST-COOLING-HYDROPONICS-HPS-GROW-DUCT-/290454854510?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0#ht_1674wt_1137

how do i get fresh air in the room if its air tight.do i just cut a hole and run duct work from the vent in attic to the room.or will the fan be strong enough to still suck in fresh air .my room is insulated and sealed in psp facing .so its almost 100% air tight.any advice

Big fans are expensive and noisy.

Read that link I posted. http://www.icmag.com...ad.php?t=112862

1. You need to figure out the cu ft of your room, decide if you want to vent everything together (noisy) or apart.

2. Calculate the cfm amount you need for the #of room air changes you want for the rooms air (**This determines your vent hole size**)

3. Figure out how many cfm you need to cool the lights (based on temp difference light causes)

4. Decide where you can/want to vent in and out air

Usually the air intake hole would be at least 2-3X the exhaust size.

how do i get fresh air in the room if its air tight.do i just cut a hole and run duct work from the vent in attic to the room.or will the fan be strong enough to still suck in fresh air .my room is insulated and sealed in psp facing .so its almost 100% air tight.any advice

Yes John the fan will be strong enough to pull fresh air in.

The problem I see is you are pulling from the attic. This air may be to hot. You can also pull air from an adjacent room. (For example I pull from my laundry room and the problem I have by doing that is sometimes the air is to humid.)

Or you pull air from the outside of your home. When doing this you need some for of filter to prevent bugs from the outside getting inside.

edit: I just re read this and it looks like you are going to hook up to an existing attic vent, like a bath fan or something. That sounds fine.

would i be able to use a 6 inch fan for light and scrubber .then use the 30$ in line fan from home depot to bring in fresh air from a different vent.will the 6 inch be strong enough my room is 140 cubic feet

Those fans aren't that strong I got the 8" 500 CFM from Menards and its doesn't blow air worth a $hit. I don't know why its rated high but I know compared to a 340 CFM can fan it doesn't stand a chance....

would i be able to use a 6 inch fan for light and scrubber .then use the 30$ in line fan from home depot to bring in fresh air from a different vent.will the 6 inch be strong enough my room is 140 cubic feet

You shouldn't need the $30 fan if you cut large enough air intake holes. Experiment until the room has just a little negative pressure. Start at 2 times the fan size and see how it goes.

Archived