Stuffing The Envelope

thevelcrocat

Dear folks in Michigan or any other recent medicinal state,

I know that compassion clubs and collectives are a great way to learn, share info, or (most importantly) get your meds. However, even though we may get used to the rules quickly, and get comfortable. We have to exist within them. I know that it's not exactly fair to tell someone where to medicate and when, but if it's outside the confines of the rules; we've got to deal with it for now.

Recently, here in Michigan, we saw a few raids. One of which happened at a compassion club where folks were medicating in the facility, and thats a result of misinterpereting the anti-public medicating part of the act. They're idea was that as long as the doors are locked that it's ok. Unfortunately creating an atmoshere where a group of people are medicating in one place is a bit conspicuous. So, be safe and eat a cookie before that meeting and remember that we are lucky enough to be able to medicate safely, so lets not stuff an envelope thats already full.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that there is some dwelling on the fact that you should be able to medicate in a building with others. I'm not arguing with that idea. All i suggest is that if people are getting in trouble for it then it's a stipulation that needs to be ironed out, instead of just assuming that interperetation and doing it anyway. And in my opinion, I'd rather not be as defiant and take that risk.

I understand what Velcro is saying.

IMHO: For now, it's too risky having a private meeting in a public place, where ppl would be medicating, although they are legal. It's risky enough having it in a public place anyway, even if no one's using it there. It's too tempting for leo and other Mj haters. I think the owners should have the right to hold private meetings there and if they want to allow members to medicate who'd be smoking it, they could have a back room so the smell wouldn't be noticeable when the main doors open afterward. As I remember the law, it does clearly state there's no using it on public property, I didn't see anything about after hours private meetings behind locked doors. Perhaps there should be an amendment about this. Compassion clubs are a wonderful idea, I wish there'd be thousands of them, and not just for MM.

Sb

Archived