Newbie ... Wanting To Relocate To Michigan

michiganbound

Hello all,

I currently live in Wisconsin and am considering moving to Michigan, I have a felony in Wisconsin and it is for Manufacturing THC. I am curious to know if that will harm me in becoming a caregiver? and or becoming a cultivator? What are the current laws on felons? Also I am curious to know how many plants one caregiver can cultivate for all patients? I believe the information I found was 12 plants per patient? but how many patients can you have? Also if you can think of or know of any other obstacles I haven't mentioned please list them ..... is there a minimum residency policy as far as time goes for a caregiver to reside in Michigan or cultivator? I know in Colorado there can be no felons and you can only have 5 patients per caregiver and a maximum of 6 plants per patient, also before you are able to caregiver or cultivate you must have residency in Colorado for two years. ANY and ALL information is appreciated :thumbsu:

Hello all,

I currently live in Wisconsin and am considering moving to Michigan, I have a felony in Wisconsin and it is for Manufacturing THC. I am curious to know if that will harm me in becoming a caregiver? and or becoming a cultivator? What are the current laws on felons? Also I am curious to know how many plants one caregiver can cultivate for all patients? I believe the information I found was 12 plants per patient? but how many patients can you have? Also if you can think of or know of any other obstacles I haven't mentioned please list them ..... is there a minimum residency policy as far as time goes for a caregiver to reside in Michigan or cultivator? I know in Colorado there can be no felons and you can only have 5 patients per caregiver and a maximum of 6 plants per patient, also before you are able to caregiver or cultivate you must have residency in Colorado for two years. ANY and ALL information is appreciated :thumbsu:

Michigan Law reads that you can not have a felony drug conviction to be a caregiver.

R 333.101 -- Definitions.

(15) "Primary caregiver" means a person who is at least 21 years old and

who has agreed to assist with a patient's medical use of marihuana and who

has never been convicted of a felony involving illegal drugs.

R 333.103 -- New registration application; qualifying patient and primary

caregiver.

(vi) A primary caregiver shall authorize the department to use the

information provided on the application to secure his or her criminal

conviction history to determine if he or she has a felony conviction

involving illegal drugs.

You can find more info on the laws by looking here:

Michigan MM Laws and Rules

You don't need much to become a resident of the state... are you willing to pay taxes? If so the you are in.

Basically a billing addy/ some place to call home is what you need.

Have you attempted to get your felony conviction expunged?

Would you like to live on a state shaped like a giant high five?

Lower peninsula residents are called "Trolls", we live under (south) of the Mackinaw Bridge. Upper peninsula residents are called "Youpers" for living too close to Canada.

Michigan is known for the lake effect storms that occur year round, you can experience three seasons in one day REALLY!!!

Most roads and county boundaries are in a north/south and east/west fashion... you will get lost at some time.

The Detroit Lions will never win a championship again, the Tigers are loosing, and well the only good team is the Redwings...

You car will rust faster and lose weight, thus increasing the gas mileage. Watch out for potholes which are present all year.

OH yeah there is one requirement... that you have to

to actually become one of "us".

running on water is real

Thanks for the information, and I don't think I will be trying to run on water :( As far as the felony goes it is still in the process of being held, I will be sentenced in about a month, I have court next week for my last pre-lim but as far as the felony goes I myself am not really concerned about being a caretaker .... my girlfriend is a registered nurse and is well qualified to be a compassionate caretaker .... the BIG question is .... what part can I take in the grow process? can I even be around the plants? can I get a job at a dispensary? We really believe in this medicine, and have ben to many rallies here in Madison, I am a member of NORML and IMMLY it just happens to be that medicinal laws do NOT exsist in Wisconsin and we are willing to relocate because of this, the problem is my current pending felony for manufacturing THC :angry:

Ok so I read the most of the link and is that a caretaker can have 12 plants per patient and a maximum of 5 patients? so 5X12=60 plants in a locked facility, how many caretakers can share the same facility? can several caretakers own/rent a facility with separate locked areas? what if a heavy producing Indica yields 6 ounces each plant and you have 60 plants ... 360 ounces, how much of that does the patients get? what must be done with the excess?

sorry for all of the questions, but I guess my MAIN concern is:

If my girlfriend has a clean record and I live with her and I have a felony .... can she still be a caretaker in Michigan?

Ok so I read the most of the link and is that a caretaker can have 12 plants per patient and a maximum of 5 patients? so 5X12=60 plants in a locked facility, how many caretakers can share the same facility? can several caretakers own/rent a facility with separate locked areas? what if a heavy producing Indica yields 6 ounces each plant and you have 60 plants ... 360 ounces, how much of that does the patients get? what must be done with the excess?

sorry for all of the questions, but I guess my MAIN concern is:

If my girlfriend has a clean record and I live with her and I have a felony .... can she still be a caretaker in Michigan?

72 plant per c.g. max.......... if you are a patient you can grow the 12 for yourself as well as 12 each for 5 other patients.

what to do with your overages?? up to you.... but dont tell me :)

how many caregivers in one facility? no clue.... neither does LEO.

your girlfriend sounds legit.

welcome to the site!!

[/quote

THANK YOU !!! I hope to become a contributor and learner here, I have been active in Wisconsin for several years now, maybe to active? LOL and have attended many rally's to help get medicinal marijuana use legalized. Here it was Assembly bill 554 which didn't get very far :(

72 plant per c.g. max.......... if you are a patient you can grow the 12 for yourself as well as 12 each for 5 other patients.

what to do with your overages?? up to you.... but dont tell me :)

how many caregivers in one facility? no clue.... neither does LEO.

your girlfriend sounds legit.

Great info, thank you. I guess the only question left is can I reside in the residence with her and the plants with my felony? and what part can I have in cultivation if any?

yes, you may reside in the residence with her.

as a convicted felon without an expungement, you may grow only 12 plants. only for yourself. only if you are a registered patient. your criminal record has nothing to do with your health and ability to legally grow for yourself. assuming you are a legally registered patient with a doctors authorization.

You don't need much to become a resident of the state... are you willing to pay taxes? If so the you are in.

Basically a billing addy/ some place to call home is what you need.

Have you attempted to get your felony conviction expunged?

Would you like to live on a state shaped like a giant high five?

Lower peninsula residents are called "Trolls", we live under (south) of the Mackinaw Bridge. Upper peninsula residents are called "Youpers" for living too close to Canada.

Michigan is known for the lake effect storms that occur year round, you can experience three seasons in one day REALLY!!!

Most roads and county boundaries are in a north/south and east/west fashion... you will get lost at some time.

Great post man.

The Detroit Lions will never win a championship again, the Tigers are loosing, and well the only good team is the Redwings...

You car will rust faster and lose weight, thus increasing the gas mileage. Watch out for potholes which are present all year.

OH yeah there is one requirement... that you have to

to actually become one of "us".

running on water is real

Archived